October 6, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 7.2 and 7.3 Photos: Damon and Bonnie Fight the Heretics
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21: Week 4 Performance Rankings
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Adam Levine's Team
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.2 Photos: Abbie and Crane Face Their Demons
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Reveal: The Feisty 'New Woman' in Rick's Life Is... Aubrey Plaza?
- Vampire Diaries Season 7 Photos: 'Bamon' Teams Up, Caroline Suffers
- TVLine Items: Tricia Helfer on Powers, Reign Casting Shake-Up and More
- Strain EPs Clear the Air on Nora's Fate, Tease a 'Different, Faster' Season 3
- ABC Family Changing Name to Freeform — Do You Love It or Hate It?
- More From TVLine
- What Holly Madison Wants to Teach Her Daughter About Playboy
- Watch Ariana Grande Kiss Her 'Victorious' Costar Liz Gillies
- If Your Name Is Lauren and You Lost Your Student ID, Tom Hanks Has It
- Cindy Crawford Goes Makeup-Free, Shows Off Flawless Bikini Bod at 49
- Cathriona White's Husband Revealed as Jim Carrey's Late Girlfriend's Body Is Released
- More From ET