October 24, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Reign, ABC Dramas Tick Up; Bad Judge, A to Z Slip; Football Pops
- TLC Cancels Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, White Collar, Once, Haven, Supernatural, Arrow, Beast and More
- Ladies Who (Liquid) Lunch: Olivia, Alicia and 8 Other Characters Who'd Make Great Drinking Buddies
- Helix Season 2 Video Teases New Viral Outbreak, Ominous Steven Weber
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- Justin Bieber Uses a Disney-Inspired Pick-Up Line on a Model!
- From Sea Urchins To Getting Framed, Taylor Swift Reveals Her Biggest Phobias
- More From ET