Never one to shy away from controversy, Bonaduce addressed Dey's absence first. "The only way you can reach Susan Dey is, I think, by teleprompter. She does not come out of the cave as far as I can tell," he said.
Watch the video after the jump.
Where are 'The Partridge Family' stars now? They invited you to 'C'mon Get Happy,' but did the cast of 'The Partridge Family' follow its own advice? David Cassidy, Danny Bonaduce, Brian Forster and Suzanne Crough are among the stars of the classic 1970s musical sitcom that reunited this morning on NBC's 'Today.'
Some of the TV family members have stayed in the public eye since their days of donning crushed velvet and singing 'I Think I Love You,' while others have long since gotten off the pop culture bus. Here's where the Partridges flew following the cancellation of the series in 1974.
Variety reports that The Partridge Family is getting a "tongue-in-cheek, modern-day" remake. A former Cashmere Mafia writer is on board and insiders say the project will be getting a network deal soon.
Meanwhile, E! Online has scoop from former Melrose Place star Lisa Rinna that the soapy drama might follow in 90210's footsteps at the CW, though that network denies the rumor.
As many of you may already know, I interviewed Danny Bonaduce during my live show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. He shared many great Partridge Family stories. My favorite would have to be how he got the job as Danny. Before he became Danny Partridge he was working with veteran TV director (and Dick Van Dyke's neighbor on The Dick Van Dyke Show) Jerry Paris on a TV movie. They were way behind schedule, and Danny made a joke about how Jerry might be fired if they went over budget. Mr. Paris was not in the mood to be mocked by an eight year old boy so he grabbed Danny's script, ripped out the pages with his dialogue and shouted, "There, we're all caught up now, kid." As horrible as that sounds, Danny insists that Paris felt so bad about the incident that when he auditioned to be a Partridge, Paris, who was directing the pilot, made it up to Danny by casting him as the red-headed scamp we all came to love.
Now on to this week's question...
Let me start with a confession: I was a huge fan of The Partride Family when I was a kid. I had a Partridge Family lunchbox, I had a massive crush on David Cassidy (and quite a few posters), and Shirley Jones, as the hip family matriarch, along with the ever-sunny Florence Henderson as Carol Brady, were my visions of maternal perfection.
I can't really blame Shirley Jones alone for destroying my happy childhood memories. No, I think a good deal of the blame has to rest on the shoulders of Nicholaus Goosen, the director of the film Grandma's Boy, and the producers behind the film, including Adam Sandler, who ought to know better: first, for making a film with two of my least favorite actors - Rob Schneider and David Spade (in ONE film? Are you people insane?!?), and worse, for including in said film a scene with Shirley Jones having a sex romp with a 24-year-old. Do we really need to see that? I think not.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Finale Photos: Goodbye, Mystic Falls
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments Leading Up to Regina's Happy Ending in 'Mother'
- Is 'Game of Thrones' Planting Seeds for a Shocking Family Secret?
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Sons of the Harpy'
- 'Bachelor' Couple Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff Plagued with Breakup Rumors
- More From BuddyTV
- Syfy Orders The Magicians to Series
- Ratings: Secrets and Lies Finale Hits Highs, as Good Wife Dips to New Low
- Bruce Jenner to Discuss Transition With Kardashian Family in 2-Part E! Special
- New Girl Finale Video: Hear Winston's Uber-Crucial Voicemail for Cece
- Revenge Series Finale Promo Teases Jack's Grim Fate, Amanda's Last Shot
- More From TVLine
- Jessica Simpson's Adorable Daughter Maxwell Turns 3!
- What It's Really Like to Work on 'Days of Our Lives'
- Margot Robbie Is Delightfully Frightening as Harley Quinn on 'Suicide Squad' Set
- Madonna Totally Regrets Making Out With Drake
- Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran Text the Cutest Things to Each Other
- More From ET