Doctor Who fans can once again rejoice. Episodes of the classic series are now available on YouTube. These are officially sanctioned by the BBC, so there's no piracy in this instance.
In this case, it's a selection of a single episode from four of the ten existing Doctors. There is The Edge of Destruction with William Hartnell, The Krotons with Patrick Troughton, Carnival of Monsters with Jon Pertwee and The Caves of Androzani and The Twin Dilemma with Peter Davison and Colin Baker, respectively.
Classic episodes have been available online before. Netflix had a few in their library for subscribers. This is the first instance I recall in which the episodes are available to anybody in the world at any time.
I note that a bunch of the available stories are written by the fantastic Doctor Who scribe Robert Holmes. This guarantees quality writing to compensate for the poor special effects of the era. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Can 'Dancing with the Stars' Repair Paula Deen's Reputation?
- 'RHONYC' Star Sonja Morgan Not Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- Will 'Bachelorette' Couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth Get Their Own Spinoff Series?
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Narcos Renewed, Colbert to Go Long, Mighty Spinoff and More
- Bones Enlists 24's Kim Raver to Find an MIA Booth — FIRST LOOK
- Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 First Look: Who's the (New) Boss?
- Hand of God: 5 Things to Know About Amazon's Dark Look at Faith
- Ratings: Carmichael Rises, Extant Dips
- More From TVLine
- Behold! Susan Sarandon, Queen of Burning Man!
- Bono Says His Chances of Playing Guitar After Bike Accident Are 'Not Looking Good'
- EXCLUSIVE: See Amy Duggar and Dillon King's Gorgeous Wedding Invitation
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Stage Crasher Appears in Court: 'I Love That Girl'
- 6 Reasons to Get Excited About Cate Blanchett Playing Lucille Ball in Biopic
- More From ET