Doctor Who fans can once again rejoice. Episodes of the classic series are now available on YouTube. These are officially sanctioned by the BBC, so there's no piracy in this instance.
In this case, it's a selection of a single episode from four of the ten existing Doctors. There is The Edge of Destruction with William Hartnell, The Krotons with Patrick Troughton, Carnival of Monsters with Jon Pertwee and The Caves of Androzani and The Twin Dilemma with Peter Davison and Colin Baker, respectively.
Classic episodes have been available online before. Netflix had a few in their library for subscribers. This is the first instance I recall in which the episodes are available to anybody in the world at any time.
I note that a bunch of the available stories are written by the fantastic Doctor Who scribe Robert Holmes. This guarantees quality writing to compensate for the poor special effects of the era. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'ANTM' Recap: A Model Is Welcomed Back, Then Sent Packing Again
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Teams Become Gauchos in Argentina
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Reign Returns Low But Steady
- Top TV Werewolves From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Vampire Diaries and More
- Shadowhunters @ NY Comic-Con: Premiere Date, 'Malec' Teases, Possible New Characters and More
- Last Kingdom Video: Rutger Hauer Stars in Downton EPs' New Series
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Cameron Monaghan
- More From TVLine
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET