Doctor Who fans can once again rejoice. Episodes of the classic series are now available on YouTube. These are officially sanctioned by the BBC, so there's no piracy in this instance.
In this case, it's a selection of a single episode from four of the ten existing Doctors. There is The Edge of Destruction with William Hartnell, The Krotons with Patrick Troughton, Carnival of Monsters with Jon Pertwee and The Caves of Androzani and The Twin Dilemma with Peter Davison and Colin Baker, respectively.
Classic episodes have been available online before. Netflix had a few in their library for subscribers. This is the first instance I recall in which the episodes are available to anybody in the world at any time.
I note that a bunch of the available stories are written by the fantastic Doctor Who scribe Robert Holmes. This guarantees quality writing to compensate for the poor special effects of the era. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye to Katherine: Watch her best moments
- Amy Sedaris joins Jane Krakowski's FOX comedy pilot 'Dead Boss'
- 'The Flash': 'Arrow' spinoff casts Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- 'Blue Bloods': Killed couple's daughter seeks revenge
- 'Grimm' Season 3: Reggie Lee discusses 'Mommy Dearest' shocker and Wu's first name reveal
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Dave Annable, Chuck Alum and Enlisted Star Are Among the Latest Castings
- Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following
- Pilot Scoop: One Tree Hill's Robert Buckley Returns to The CW in Rob Thomas' iZombie
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- More From TVLine