August 28, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Nov 4th 2009 7:29PM
Even though the show has been on forever, I still enjoy my weekly dose of the new South Parks. But lately, they seem to be running out of targets or have narrowed their focus too much on one particular evil: reality television.
The season opener featured a rather nasty swipe at Disney's Jonas Brothers. The recent "Dead Celebrities" chortle-fest took a much needed pot shot at Ghost Hunters, aka, "the gayest f#*$ing show on television." And last week launched an all out attack on Discovery's Whale Wars and Deadliest Catch, particularly against Whale Wars star Paul Watson.
The show has always been a bitch to write and making every episode a satirical masterpiece is impossible without suffering a full-on breakdown. But should the show lay off reality TV and take some bolder shots at reality, which as we all know are two completely different things?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Interview: Paris Barclay Teases 'More Sad Days Than Happy Days' in Season 7
- 'True Blood' Series Finale: Why Sookie Made a Big Mistake
- 'The Flash' Preview: Flash Reunites with Arrow, Meets Weather Wizard
- More From BuddyTV
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, The Walking Dead, The Mentalist, B99, Beast, Resurrection and More!
- Longmire Cancelled by A&E — Might Another Network Lasso the Drama?
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little DWTS Rumors, Ground Floor Scoop and More
- Frasier Vet David Hyde Pierce to Recur on Good Wife — As Alicia's [Spoiler]?
- It's Official: Bill Gedde Exits The View Ahead of Rosie O'Donnell's Return; Rachel Maddow EP Taking Over
- More From TVLine