"It's a throwback to the old school variety shows from back in the 70s," said Shore of 'Vegas.' It's got girls, music, stand-up comedy. It's playing all month on Showtime." He noted it was a little raunchy, and named guest stars like Andy Dick and Tom Green. Then, of the Web site competition to be his new assistant, 'Will Work for Pauly,' he said, "It's almost like the online version of 'I Want to Work for Diddy.' Remember that show on MTV?" (For the record, it was VH1).
"It's like a throwback to the old '70s variety specials," said Shore. Some of the guests include comedians Tom Green, Maz Jobrani, Bobby Lee, and porn star and former Charlie Sheen goddess Bree Olson. It will be a mix of interstitial comedy sketches mixed in with the live performance.
'White Collar' stars Tiffani Thiessen and Matt Bomer stopped by 'Watch What Happens Live' (weekdays, 11PM on Bravo) Thursday night and played a game of 'Shaved by the Bell' with host Andy Cohen. Pivoting off Thiessen's iconic '90s role as Kelly Kapowski on 'Saved by the Bell,' Cohen showed the pair a series of pictures of '90s stars with their heads shaved and Thiessen and Bomer had to guess who they were.
Despite the fact that everyone looked like Sinead O'Connor, Thiessen and Bomer fared pretty well, nailing Blossom, Screech, Shannon Doherty, Fabio, Alanis Morissette, Kato Kaelin, Vanilla Ice and Pauly Shore. They won a '90s mix CD and Bravo 'Mazel' shirts for playing. For some of the celebs featured in the montage, it was the most screentime they've seen in years.
I'd like to say I knew it all along, but I was initially duped by Pauly Shore's staged video that showed him getting punched by a heckler in Odessa, Texas. Shore now has a video on his MySpace page (via Best Week Ever) that shows him coaching the crowd and his fake attacker before his act, telling everyone to film it and then put it on the internet.
Shore later said he wanted the video to make fun of the whole "viral video" fad and to serve as a lesson to those who take things at face value. Most people still saw it as a cheap stunt on the part of someone who's been out of the spotlight for many years, but I still think Shore has a good point. Besides, it's not like he's the first one to do this.
According to him, the entire crowd in the comedy club was in on the joke. He told the members of the audience that the heckling and the fight was going to happen and instructed them to record the whole thing on their cell phone cameras.
At a recent gig at the 8th Street Comedy Club in Odessa, Texas, comedian Pauly Shore, who last thrilled television audiences as "The Weasel" on MTV in the '90s before moving on to a movies of dubious quality, was punched by a guy in a cowboy hat (clip, after the jump, contains swearing). I'll let you guys have at it in the comments about whether or not Shore deserved the beating based solely on not being especially funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Soul Survivor'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Eye for an Eye
- Pretty Little Liars Video: 'A' Spreads Holiday Fear in New Christmas Promo
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Post Mortem: Bobbi's Status, Skye's Origin, Fitz's Fate and More Burning Qs Answered
- The Voice Recap: It's Just a Noisy Hall, Where There's a Nightly Brawl
- The Flash Recap: The 'Chosen' One
- More From TVLine
- The 6 Most Insanely Uncomfortable Moments From The 'True Tori' Season 2 Premiere
- Kelly Clarkson Performs Awesome Cover Of Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 23 Shocking Secrets We Learned From Watching The Halloween Special!
- Steve Carell Reveals Jennifer Garner's Guilty Pleasure at 'Elle' Women in Hollywood Awards
- What Two Playboy Bunnies - Now Grandmas - Can Still Teach You About Being Sexy
- More From ET