August 22, 2014
by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 22nd 2010 5:00PM
The news last week that NBC had renewed 'Parenthood' for a second season was not a big surprise. Yes, the show had a rocky start, considering that it was forced into a midseason premiere because producers had to recast actress Maura Tierney's role while she was battling breast cancer. But since then, it has been well-received and even bested its main competition Tuesdays at 10PM ET, 'The Good Wife,' a few times in the ratings. So there was every reason for NBC to give the Ron Howard/Brian Grazer production a second season. It earned it.
The show has actually been getting better. It's on its way to becoming a hit, and with just a few changes in the season to come, it could succeed. We've narrowed it down to four specifics, our suggestions for how 'Parenthood' could get even better than it is right now. Read our list and then weigh in with your thoughts.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser
- Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season
- TVLine Items: Paul Reubens Gets Blacklisted, an OITNB Return & More
- Is Dome Too Tech Savvy? Should Rookie Cop Quit? Ship Happens on The Strain? Sex Wife Insane? And More Qs
- Watch Fox's Red Band Society Pilot Now!
- More From TVLine
- Watch Hugh Jackman Lift 400 lbs. Almost Effortlessly!
- George Clooney's Ex Elisabetta Canalis Engaged to Brian Perri
- Pete Wentz Welcomes Baby with Girlfriend Meagan Camper
- 2014 Emmys Predictions: Who Will Win in the Comedy Categories
- Maroon 5 Lets Their Inner 'Animals' Run Free with New Song
- More From ET