October 21, 2014
by Kona Gallagher, posted Jun 24th 2009 2:02PM
NBC has been promoting the crap out of their new summer adventure series, The Philanthropist, for weeks now. Starring James Purefoy as Teddy Rist, a billionaire playboy who decides to save the world, The previews held absolutely no interest for me. Now, after having seen the pilot, I realize that my first impression was the correct one.
Premiering tonight at 10 PM, The Philanthropist is basically an hour of an insufferable rich dude talking about how awesome he is. We watch the premise of the show unfold through the eyes of Rist himself, as he tells his tale of heroism (saving a Nigerian boy from drowning; surviving a shoot-out and a snake bite in order to deliver some Cholera vaccines to a village) to a bored bartender.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- 'Constantine' Official Cast Photos
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.4 Photos: Elijah Teams Up With Marcel
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- More From BuddyTV
- The Flash Recap: The 'Chosen' One
- Nina Dobrev on The Originals: First Photos of Doppelganger Tatia
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Arrow, Grey's, Supe, NCIS, Once, Grimm, Mindy, Brooklyn, Hawaii Five-0 and More
- Sleepy Hollow's Founding Mother Is... Buffy Vet Michelle Trachtenberg!
- Revolution Alum Joins Bates Motel
- More From TVLine