The nine-year old saved her younger sister from getting hit by a car, but wound up getting hit herself. She suffered severe injuries and lost a leg in the accident, but her spirit remained positive and strong. One of her highlights in Disneyworld was meeting the real-life Phineas and Ferb, her favorite cartoon characters.
I'm just full of Disney news (or full of something) this week, aren't I? On Monday I asked the question of what happened to the Playhouse Disney schedule. This time around I'm going to talk about the entire Disney Channel. Not just the cable network, but the website as well. For both are tops in their respective outlets.
Well, tops when it comes to kids programming -- an area of entertainment that continues to grow on a daily basis. For 2008, Disney Channel was top of the heap in a number of areas. Not only was primetime programming number one for viewers ages 6-14, but the premiere of the network's newest musical, Camp Rock (which introduced us to Demi Lovato), became cable's top entertainment broadcast of the year. Cable's top animated debut also went to Disney Channel with the premiere of Phineas and Ferb.
The following item is for those of you parents out there with young children. Those of you who watch soft-core porn in the morning can disregard this post.
Did any of you notice something weird with the Playhouse Disney schedule this morning? Starting at 6 a.m. EST you get JoJo's Circus, Johnny and the Sprites and The Wiggles, and those mini-episodes that the network imports from Canada. That wasn't the case this morning. Instead we got Phineas and Ferb, Imagination Movers and Handy Manny. In addition, Ooh and Ahh, and all of the labels that it was Playhouse Disney were gone as well. By 8:00 a.m. things looked to have been corrected as Little Einsteins aired at its normal time.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Madam Secretary's Téa Leoni, EPs Talk Elizabeth's First Scandal, Henry's Spy Game, Staff Bonding and More
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- William Shatner Feels Awful for Having to Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- More From ET