July 28, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2009 11:03AM
When Andy Richter left Late Night With Conan O'Brien to establish his own career in acting, nobody knew that he'd come full circle and rejoin O'Brien years later. At the same time, nobody knew that creator Victor Fresco would do much the same thing.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was one of those quirky shows that most people, who enjoy a dash of nonsense in their comedy, really dug. It was a very playful show about a guy working in a massive company. It featured a small ensemble with great chemistry on-screen, and had a unique look at big corporations.
A few years later, Fresco tapped that well again, and we got Better Off Ted, another comedy with absurdist tendencies set in a massive corporation with a small cast. Like Andy, it eked out a second season based more on critical acclaim than ratings. As someone who enjoys both shows, I find myself worrying that Ted will share Andy's ultimate fate, cancellation after the second season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 13 of 'Rising Star'
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 5?
- [Video] 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Preview: Josh Versus Nick
- 'Sharknado 2' Interview: Why the Sequel Will 'Surpass Expectations'
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim and Kanye's Marriage Trouble Rumors
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Fringe Fave Goes Orange, Ferb Gets Lost, Vikings Trailer and More
- Lee Pace 'Proud' of Halt and Catch Fire, Hungry for Hannibal and More Pies
- Extant Gets Later Wednesday Time Slot
- Covert Affairs Sneak Peek: Is Auggie OK With Annie Revisiting a 'Fling'?
- Lea Michele Cast as Sons of Anarchy Waitress Who Connects With [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine