by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2009 11:03AM
When Andy Richter left Late Night With Conan O'Brien to establish his own career in acting, nobody knew that he'd come full circle and rejoin O'Brien years later. At the same time, nobody knew that creator Victor Fresco would do much the same thing.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was one of those quirky shows that most people, who enjoy a dash of nonsense in their comedy, really dug. It was a very playful show about a guy working in a massive company. It featured a small ensemble with great chemistry on-screen, and had a unique look at big corporations.
A few years later, Fresco tapped that well again, and we got Better Off Ted, another comedy with absurdist tendencies set in a massive corporation with a small cast. Like Andy, it eked out a second season based more on critical acclaim than ratings. As someone who enjoys both shows, I find myself worrying that Ted will share Andy's ultimate fate, cancellation after the second season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Sex, Drugs and Advertising
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' Finale Recap: Vegas vs. Nashville
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: The Wedding of Tyrion Lannister
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Alcide Herveaux
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- More From BuddyTV
- Miguel slams woman's head into stage during Billboard Music Awards performance
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' winner: Trace Adkins or Penn Jillette, who took home the prize?
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Full winners list
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Prince was an Icon before he got the award
- More From Zap2it