March 31, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2009 11:03AM
When Andy Richter left Late Night With Conan O'Brien to establish his own career in acting, nobody knew that he'd come full circle and rejoin O'Brien years later. At the same time, nobody knew that creator Victor Fresco would do much the same thing.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was one of those quirky shows that most people, who enjoy a dash of nonsense in their comedy, really dug. It was a very playful show about a guy working in a massive company. It featured a small ensemble with great chemistry on-screen, and had a unique look at big corporations.
A few years later, Fresco tapped that well again, and we got Better Off Ted, another comedy with absurdist tendencies set in a massive corporation with a small cast. Like Andy, it eked out a second season based more on critical acclaim than ratings. As someone who enjoys both shows, I find myself worrying that Ted will share Andy's ultimate fate, cancellation after the second season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- More From TVLine
- Kate Holmes On Angelina Jolie's Kids' Choice Awards Speech: She's an Inspiration
- 3 Stars Who Totally Owned the Justin Bieber Roast
- Star Sightings March 2015
- FLASHBACK: ‘Tommy Boy' Turns 20! Behind the Scenes With Chris Farley and David Spade
- Zayn Malik's First Solo Song Is Out (and Some One Direction Fans Aren't Happy)
- More From ET