July 2, 2015
Picketing with the Stars
by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Nov 13th 2007 5:38PM
We've entered Week Two of the WGA Strike, and although we're not getting any closer to a resolution, there's still plenty of WGA Strike news to report:
- The WGA-East declares that "Ellen DeGeneres Not Welcome in NY."
- Lost's co-creator Damon Lindelof announces, "Television is dying" in the New York Times.
- Some soap writers are crossing the picket line to resume work.
- Today (Tuesday) was dubbed "Picketing with the Stars" as 100 actors from 30 TV shows joined the picket line at Universal Studios in a show of solidarity.
- Seventeen entertainment blogs went dark for a day in support of the writer's strike.
- Peter Chernin (president of Fox's parent company, News Corp) bragged that the strike is "probably a positive" for the company as it will most likely save them money.
- CBS News is preparing for a possible strike by 500 of their news writers.
- The Simpson's Mr. Burns tells striking writers they can't have the internet: "It's Mine!"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- Ratings: Extant Returns to Series Lows
- Fall TV: Heroes vs. Big Bang vs. Greys, and Thursday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Wet Hot American Summer: See the Star-Packed (NSFW) Trailer & Poster
- Sesame Street Vet 'Maria' to Exit
- More From TVLine
- Matt Damon Has a Ponytail and He's Totally Pulling It Off!
- Are Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch Dating?!
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- Donald Trump & 5 More Celebrities Whose Word Vomit Cost Them Big Time
- 'Graceland' Star Aaron Tveit on Mike's Struggles: His Darkest Days Are Still Ahead
- More From ET