The former 'My So-Called Life' star is in talks to star in a new Showtime pilot, according to TV Guide. Danes would play a CIA agent investigating a U.S. Marine who went missing during the invasion of Baghdad in 'Homeland.'
Earlier this year Danes won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries Emmy for her portrayal of award-winning author Temple Grandin in the HBO biopic about the autistic animal husbandry expert.
In other TV news ...
• Dylan Walsh will go from plastic surgeon to FBI agent. The former 'Nip/Tuck' star is set to play the lead in a new Washington, D.C.-set FBI procedural. CBS just ordered a script. [Deadline]
• 'Teen Mom 2' will follow new cast members who are being featured on the current season of '16 and Pregnant.' The MTV reality show is also filming with original stars Maci Bookout, Catelynn Lowell, Farrah Abraham and Amber Portwood. 'Teen Mom 2' will premiere on Jan. 11. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• The former 'Survivor' producer accused of killing his wife while on vacation in Mexico was arrested yesterday. Bruce Beresford-Redman is now in federal custody and awaiting extradition. [E! Online]
According to BBC News, Time Warner Cable accidentally played preview clips of the Playboy channel on Kids On Demand and Kids Preschool On Demand, featuring "nude women engaged in explicit conversations." (We're pretty sure those conversations weren't about the ABC's or 1-2-3's.) The explicit content reportedly ran from about 6:15-8:15AM, and took TWC about an hour to take it off -- er, fix.
The folks at RealityWanted.com often send us a list of new and existing reality shows that are looking for new, er, talent, and they've given us permission to make mention of them here. We'll try to make this a regular feature as often as we get a new list.
This time we have Biggest Loser, America's Next Top Model, Bust a Ritmo, True Life and Foursome.
Well, first off, all those "...that's what she said" jokes that Michael utters wouldn't seem so out of place.
Playboy TV has a new comedy (maybe NSFW) titled Canoga Park that they describe as an X-rated cross between The Office and Entourage. It's about the porn industry, and the channel says the show "does for premium television what Boogie Nights did for film: give the viewer side-splitting joyride through the adult film world and an intimate look at the smokin' hot characters who inhabit it."
And what's the worst part? Sometimes, these seasons are so bad/bizarre that they have to be watched just so one can participate in the watercooler talk that comes with it (Flavor Flav/Brigitte Nielsen love affair; Verne Troyer naked, drunk, and urinating in the corner of the gym). As long as there are train wrecks, people will tune in. How big of a wreck will this season be? Make your predictions! Read on and check out the cast...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Selfie' Review: Is Insensitive and Narcissistic Eliza Likable?
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Review: Why this Candy-Coated Love Story Is Worth a Few Dates
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- More From BuddyTV
- Person of Interest: Amy Acker Ponders 'Her' New Master Plan, Root's Sexuality
- Castle Premiere Recap: When the Mystery Writer Becomes the Mystery
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: Ear Factor [Updated]
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: The Lyin', the Witch and the Blood Oath
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Once Sent Matt Damon a Bed!
- Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix Reunite In 'Inherent Vice' Trailer
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo Is Here!
- Kevin Hart & Josh Gad Compare Their Theatrical Talents
- The Duggar Girls Go Glam On '19 Kids And Counting'
- More From ET