The former 'My So-Called Life' star is in talks to star in a new Showtime pilot, according to TV Guide. Danes would play a CIA agent investigating a U.S. Marine who went missing during the invasion of Baghdad in 'Homeland.'
Earlier this year Danes won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries Emmy for her portrayal of award-winning author Temple Grandin in the HBO biopic about the autistic animal husbandry expert.
In other TV news ...
• Dylan Walsh will go from plastic surgeon to FBI agent. The former 'Nip/Tuck' star is set to play the lead in a new Washington, D.C.-set FBI procedural. CBS just ordered a script. [Deadline]
• 'Teen Mom 2' will follow new cast members who are being featured on the current season of '16 and Pregnant.' The MTV reality show is also filming with original stars Maci Bookout, Catelynn Lowell, Farrah Abraham and Amber Portwood. 'Teen Mom 2' will premiere on Jan. 11. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• The former 'Survivor' producer accused of killing his wife while on vacation in Mexico was arrested yesterday. Bruce Beresford-Redman is now in federal custody and awaiting extradition. [E! Online]
According to BBC News, Time Warner Cable accidentally played preview clips of the Playboy channel on Kids On Demand and Kids Preschool On Demand, featuring "nude women engaged in explicit conversations." (We're pretty sure those conversations weren't about the ABC's or 1-2-3's.) The explicit content reportedly ran from about 6:15-8:15AM, and took TWC about an hour to take it off -- er, fix.
The folks at RealityWanted.com often send us a list of new and existing reality shows that are looking for new, er, talent, and they've given us permission to make mention of them here. We'll try to make this a regular feature as often as we get a new list.
This time we have Biggest Loser, America's Next Top Model, Bust a Ritmo, True Life and Foursome.
Well, first off, all those "...that's what she said" jokes that Michael utters wouldn't seem so out of place.
Playboy TV has a new comedy (maybe NSFW) titled Canoga Park that they describe as an X-rated cross between The Office and Entourage. It's about the porn industry, and the channel says the show "does for premium television what Boogie Nights did for film: give the viewer side-splitting joyride through the adult film world and an intimate look at the smokin' hot characters who inhabit it."
And what's the worst part? Sometimes, these seasons are so bad/bizarre that they have to be watched just so one can participate in the watercooler talk that comes with it (Flavor Flav/Brigitte Nielsen love affair; Verne Troyer naked, drunk, and urinating in the corner of the gym). As long as there are train wrecks, people will tune in. How big of a wreck will this season be? Make your predictions! Read on and check out the cast...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.19 Photos: What's Going on With Mike?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.13 Photos: Bonnie's Birthday
- 'Glee' Episode 6.7 Photos: Will Teaches a Lesson About Tolerance
- 'The Blacklist' Post-Super Bowl Episode Photos: Will Liz and the Team Save Reddington in Time?
- 'Castle' Episode 7.14 Photos: The Return of 3XK
- More From BuddyTV
- Glee First Look: 'Wemma' Gets a Shock, Rachel and Sam Connect
- Sleepy Hollow Pics: Steven Weber as Thomas Jefferson, Witnesses Go Dark
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Steroline Sulks, Damon and Elena Hit the Floor
- Chicago P.D. Casts Shameless Vet as Halstead's Brother — and Med Doc
- Castle First Look: Devious Dr. Nieman Returns — And Is She Not Alone...?
- More From TVLine
- Paula Abdul, Jason Derulo Feel at Home on 'So You Think You Can Dance'
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Files Lawsuit Against Clinic, Doctors Allegedly Involved in Her Mother's Surgery
- Was Miss Jamaica Robbed of the Miss Universe Title?
- Seahawks vs. Patriots: Which Side are the Celebrities On This Super Bowl?
- James Franco on Meeting Brad Pitt at Sundance: 'We Fell in Love'
- More From ET