The former 'My So-Called Life' star is in talks to star in a new Showtime pilot, according to TV Guide. Danes would play a CIA agent investigating a U.S. Marine who went missing during the invasion of Baghdad in 'Homeland.'
Earlier this year Danes won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries Emmy for her portrayal of award-winning author Temple Grandin in the HBO biopic about the autistic animal husbandry expert.
In other TV news ...
• Dylan Walsh will go from plastic surgeon to FBI agent. The former 'Nip/Tuck' star is set to play the lead in a new Washington, D.C.-set FBI procedural. CBS just ordered a script. [Deadline]
• 'Teen Mom 2' will follow new cast members who are being featured on the current season of '16 and Pregnant.' The MTV reality show is also filming with original stars Maci Bookout, Catelynn Lowell, Farrah Abraham and Amber Portwood. 'Teen Mom 2' will premiere on Jan. 11. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• The former 'Survivor' producer accused of killing his wife while on vacation in Mexico was arrested yesterday. Bruce Beresford-Redman is now in federal custody and awaiting extradition. [E! Online]
According to BBC News, Time Warner Cable accidentally played preview clips of the Playboy channel on Kids On Demand and Kids Preschool On Demand, featuring "nude women engaged in explicit conversations." (We're pretty sure those conversations weren't about the ABC's or 1-2-3's.) The explicit content reportedly ran from about 6:15-8:15AM, and took TWC about an hour to take it off -- er, fix.
The folks at RealityWanted.com often send us a list of new and existing reality shows that are looking for new, er, talent, and they've given us permission to make mention of them here. We'll try to make this a regular feature as often as we get a new list.
This time we have Biggest Loser, America's Next Top Model, Bust a Ritmo, True Life and Foursome.
Well, first off, all those "...that's what she said" jokes that Michael utters wouldn't seem so out of place.
Playboy TV has a new comedy (maybe NSFW) titled Canoga Park that they describe as an X-rated cross between The Office and Entourage. It's about the porn industry, and the channel says the show "does for premium television what Boogie Nights did for film: give the viewer side-splitting joyride through the adult film world and an intimate look at the smokin' hot characters who inhabit it."
And what's the worst part? Sometimes, these seasons are so bad/bizarre that they have to be watched just so one can participate in the watercooler talk that comes with it (Flavor Flav/Brigitte Nielsen love affair; Verne Troyer naked, drunk, and urinating in the corner of the gym). As long as there are train wrecks, people will tune in. How big of a wreck will this season be? Make your predictions! Read on and check out the cast...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Official Photos: Celebrities with Their Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Originals': Will Marcel and Rebekah run away together?
- 'True Detective' ends on a series high, 'Cosmos' gains audience from cable
- 'Castle' Season 6 episode 18 video: Geishas and karaoke in 'Way of the Ninja'
- ABC Family summer 2014 schedule: 'Pretty Little Liars,''Switched at Birth,''The Fosters' and new shows
- Jimmy Kimmel likes Austin and SXSW ... and its BBQ. A lot.
- More From Zap2it
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals' Mystery Girls and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- Pilot News: Psych's James Roday Joins CBS Relationship Comedy Good Session
- More From TVLine