My favorite part of Real Time With Bill Maher is the last segment, "New Rules." It's a segment devoted to looking at things a little bit differently, offering new rules for current events, celebrities, and politicians. Maher released a great book last year with the same title.
After the jump is a clip (from Salon) of the latest "New Rules" segment of the HBO Friday night show. It's entitled "Half-Cocked," and I would usually say to you that the clip is NSFW, but you can probably guess that from the title.
Last week we mentioned that HBO was looking into creating a Internet broadband channel that would only be available to their subscribers. While this project is under development the pay-cable network has been working on other ways to get their brand incorporated into the ever growing world of television on the Internet.
One of these ways is to team up with America Online (our corporate parent) to create the broadband website 'This Just In'. To be launched early next year, 'This Just In' will feature current events humor and will reflect the range of comedy that HBO is known for; think Politically Incorrect and Def Comedy Jam. The site will provide plenty of video content as well as a blogging area that will allow users to tap into the day's events as they are happening. In addition, the website will become a platform to incubate new programming for other HBO properties.
The 'This Just In' website will replace the current AOL comedy site and will be available at www.thisjustin.com.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' recap: Did McKayla Maroney impress in 'The Spark in the Park'?
- 'Breaking the Faith': Meeting Mormons in Salt Lake City
- 'Dads' season order reduced to 19 episodes on FOX
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'HitRECord on TV' gets a trailer unlike any show you've seen before
- 'Sleepy Hollow' gets two-hour season 1 finale on Jan. 20
- More From Zap2it
- Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Including a Few Casting Suggestions
- Pilot News: Bunheads' Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- More From TVLine