March 5, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Mar 16th 2010 5:00PM
Reviews of the first installment of HBO's ten-part mini-series 'The Pacific' have been mixed -- I liked it, though -- and ratings figures aren't in yet. Nevertheless, the network has taken the bold step of putting that entire episode online for free viewing; you can catch it here. Is it a response to poor ratings -- even though we don't know those figures yet, the network likely does -- or just an attempt to lure people in who don't already have HBO?
The premiere was more style over substance, which is one of the major problems critics had with it, but it did offer some stunning visuals and established an atmosphere very different than 'Band of Brothers.' As a companion piece of sorts to the modern classic 'Brothers,' brought to us by the same production team including Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, expectations were pretty high for 'The Pacific' coming out of the gate.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Season 2 Finale Photos: Will the Mountain Men Win?
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Live Blog: Top 8 Girls Sing, 4 Go Home
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- As 'Blurred Lines' Trial Winds Down, Could Jury Turn Against Pharrell & Robin Thicke?
- Reese Witherspoon Posts Cute Photo of Baby Tennessee, Writes Sweet Message to Husband
- We Need to Discuss Lena Dunham's 'Scandal' Wig
- Was Jared Leto Really a Male Stripper?
- Harrison Ford Twice Rescued Lost Hikers in His Own Helicopter
- More From ET