March 10, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jimmy Kimmel likes Austin and SXSW ... and its BBQ. A lot.
- 'Believe': J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron create families under fantastical circumstances
- 'Dallas': AnnaLynne McCord honors 'the good ol' South'
- 'Cosmos': Watch President Barack Obama's video introduction
- 'True Detective' Season 2 will be about 'hard women' and will 'keep being strange'
- More From Zap2it
- ABC Family Sets Summer Premiere Dates For Pretty Little Liars, Mystery Girls and More
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- Pilot News: Psych's James Roday Joins CBS Relationship Comedy Good Session
- More From TVLine