September 1, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Answers: Secrets of the Strigoi Revealed
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- More From BuddyTV
- 24 Movie Talks Heat Up (Again): Is Jack Finally Headed to the Big Screen?
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- More From TVLine