April 24, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 13: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Black Box': Meet the Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Recap: Roy Rage and Mirakuru Madness Reach the Point of No Return
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville: On the Record Recap: We'll Do It Live!
- American Idol Top 6 Performance Recap: Wanna Ya-ah-ah-ah-ah… Yahoo It!
- CBS' Thursday Night Football Dates Set: When This Fall Might Big Bang Reclaim Its Time Slot?
- Arrow Recap: A Mother Of a Twist (Times Three)
- Sirens Sneak Peek: Will Johnny and Hank Allow Brian Into 'The Neutral Zone'?
- More From TVLine