March 28, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- Ratings: Grimm Hits Low, Cristela Slips, Hart of Dixie Finale Flat
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Jane the Virgin, Forever and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings
- More From TVLine