July 31, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- One Direction Drops Surprise Single One Day After Zayn Malik's New Record Deal
- 6 Revelations About Christine Ouzounian, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Former Nanny
- Jason Bateman on TV Mom Valerie Harper: 'I Hope She Gets Through It OK'
- Woody Allen Talks Candidly About 'Paternal' Relationship With Wife Soon-Yi Previn
- Mariah Carey Poses as Marie Antoinette, Katy Perry Channels Elizabeth Taylor – See the Pics!
- More From ET