December 19, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET