September 30, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Recap: Will Ichabod Free Katrina in Time?
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Recap: What Happened to Castle?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Best, Worst & Weirdest Moments From Tonight's 'DWTS'
- Lady Antebellum Talks Birthing Babies and Albums
- Norway Funeral Home Refuses To Bury Casey Kasem
- Ben Affleck Talks Marriage, Children & 'Gone Girl'
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Stars LL Cool J & Chris O'Donnell Promise Action & Romance for Season 6
- More From ET