February 28, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- Pilot News: Lost Vet Terry O'Quinn to Lead ABC Legal Drama The Adversaries
- Cartoon Network's Adventure Time Being Developed into Feature Film
- Pilot Scoop: Scrubs' Sarah Chalke to Co-Star in Fox's 48 Hours 'Til Monday
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police — Read E! Network's Official Statement
- More From TVLine
- Found! Lupita Nyong'o's Stolen $150K Oscar Gown Returned to Scene of the Crime
- 'Looking' Cast Reveal Whether They Have More Sex Than Their Character
- Ronda Rousey On Her Big UFC Fight and Making 'Furious 7' With Paul Walker
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- NKOTB's Jonathan Knight on Being Outed and How 'The Amazing Race' Helped His Anxiety
- More From ET