July 3, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- Fall TV: Reign vs. Undateable vs. Race, and Friday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- The Fosters Sneak Peek: Stef and Lena Suspect [Spoiler] Is Preggers
- Hannibal Recap: Bowels to the Wall
- More From TVLine
- Get Your Independence Day On With This Summer Playlist Inspiration
- This Is What the Cast of 'Back to the Future' Looks Like 30 Years Later
- Miss USA Contestants Speak Out on Staying in the Pageant: 'We Were Not Going to Let Our States Down'
- Scott Eastwood Shows Off His Ripped Abs at Beach Shoot – See the Hot Pics!
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- More From ET