by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Grammys 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis lead the nominations list
- 'Bones' recap: Did McKayla Maroney impress in 'The Spark in the Park'?
- 'Breaking the Faith': Meeting Mormons in Salt Lake City
- 'Dads' season order reduced to 19 episodes on FOX
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'HitRECord on TV' gets a trailer unlike any show you've seen before
- More From Zap2it
- Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions
- Pilot News: Bunheads' Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- More From TVLine