August 29, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 14th 2009 2:10AM
The one-hour, two-episode King of the Hill finale should stand not just as the end of a great show that never got the attention it deserved, but as a finale that tried not to seek that attention.
The show came to a rather quiet end last Sunday during Fox's "Animation Domination" block that has done just that, thanks in part to brilliant shows like King of the Hill. It featured two episodes that treated their audience to some of the characters' humorous and heartfelt changes before sending it off into the depths of the TV land vaults.
Then it slapped them back into cold, harsh reality by following it up with an all new episode of nature's cruel mistake Family Guy, but that's hardly Mike Judge's fault.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Frank Dillane
- More From TVLine
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- Kourtney Kardashian & Baby Reign Get 'Serious' in Rare Instagram Photo
- Pippa Middleton Shows Off Her Super Toned Bod While Paddleboarding in St. Barts
- Ben Foster and Robin Wright Call Off Their Engagement Again
- 7 Reasons David and Harper Beckham Make the Cutest Daddy-Daughter Duo Ever
- More From ET