And now, from the 'Gee, You Really Can Learn Something New Everyday' department...
I am probably one of the millions who has watched each Futurama episode seven billion times both on FOX and when they appeared on Adult Swim. I am probably also one of the millions whose done a little krumping everytime the theme song came on. During all this time I thought that it was an original composition from someone like Christopher Tyng, who did the music for the show (read the credits sometime, people!).
Who knew the theme was inspired by a song written by a pioneer of electronic music (I'm sure many of you did, but bare with me)? Someone from the website Tool Cool For School did and was able to find an original copy of the song on the infosuperhighwaynet. It's from composer Pierre Henry and the song, which came out in 1967, is called 'Psyche Rock'. As you watch the video that goes along with the tune (seen after the jump) you will certainly be able to notice the similarities between it and the Futurama theme. If not, I have included another video with the theme that plays over the end credits of the show (I couldn't find any opening credit video for some reason).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: X Factor May Return to Fox
- Ratings: Constantine and Shark Tank Rise, H50 Hits Season Highs
- HTGAWM Post Mortem: EP Talks 'Murder Night' Aftermath — 'You Should Be Worried About Everyone'
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Charlie Hunnam
- Hell on Wheels Sneak Peek: Cullen Plots His Escape in Season Finale
- More From TVLine