And now, from the 'Gee, You Really Can Learn Something New Everyday' department...
I am probably one of the millions who has watched each Futurama episode seven billion times both on FOX and when they appeared on Adult Swim. I am probably also one of the millions whose done a little krumping everytime the theme song came on. During all this time I thought that it was an original composition from someone like Christopher Tyng, who did the music for the show (read the credits sometime, people!).
Who knew the theme was inspired by a song written by a pioneer of electronic music (I'm sure many of you did, but bare with me)? Someone from the website Tool Cool For School did and was able to find an original copy of the song on the infosuperhighwaynet. It's from composer Pierre Henry and the song, which came out in 1967, is called 'Psyche Rock'. As you watch the video that goes along with the tune (seen after the jump) you will certainly be able to notice the similarities between it and the Futurama theme. If not, I have included another video with the theme that plays over the end credits of the show (I couldn't find any opening credit video for some reason).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Goldbergs Sneak Peek: Barry Translates Erica's Hysterical Blubbering
- Vampire Diaries Season Finale Sneak Peek: New Photos Reveal 'Violence' and 'Despair'
- NCIS First Look: Hey, Did You Hear the One About DiNozzo and the Admiral's Daughter…?
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 5 Theme Is…
- Exclusive: Big Bang Theory's Raj, Bones' Sweets Embroiled in Unorthodox Love Triangle
- More From TVLine
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet (VIDEO)
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- More From ET