And now, from the 'Gee, You Really Can Learn Something New Everyday' department...
I am probably one of the millions who has watched each Futurama episode seven billion times both on FOX and when they appeared on Adult Swim. I am probably also one of the millions whose done a little krumping everytime the theme song came on. During all this time I thought that it was an original composition from someone like Christopher Tyng, who did the music for the show (read the credits sometime, people!).
Who knew the theme was inspired by a song written by a pioneer of electronic music (I'm sure many of you did, but bare with me)? Someone from the website Tool Cool For School did and was able to find an original copy of the song on the infosuperhighwaynet. It's from composer Pierre Henry and the song, which came out in 1967, is called 'Psyche Rock'. As you watch the video that goes along with the tune (seen after the jump) you will certainly be able to notice the similarities between it and the Futurama theme. If not, I have included another video with the theme that plays over the end credits of the show (I couldn't find any opening credit video for some reason).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- Jessa Duggar: Abortion is the Holocaust of Our Time
- Have You Ever Seen Anything Cuter Than This 4-Year-Old Trying to Learn a Nursery Rhyme?
- Paula Abdul's Fun New Dance Project Makes a Serious Point
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- More From ET