March 12, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 8th 2010 7:38AM
There was a great industry joke lobbed at the Hollywood awards machine by the short-lived but loved TV cartoon 'The Critic.' The joke featured a Midwestern farmer and his boy spotting a plane headed to Hollywood.
"Yep, son," the wide-eyed farm says with a big pitchfork in his all-American paw, "on that plane are the people who fill our lives with blockbuster movies, moronic situation comedies, awards shows where awards shows win awards. Get my gun, boy."
If the 82nd Academy Awards takes home an Emmy or even a nomination for their television broadcast, just about every middle American farmer with a sidearm will land on a terror alert watch list and every first class flight from New York to Hollywood will have to divert over the Gulf of Mexico in order to avoid the inevitable strafe of gunfire from America's heartland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' sneaks a sweet Cory Monteith tribute into Nationals episode 'City of Angels'
- 'Once Upon a Time' first look photos: See the Wicked Witch's Storybrooke alter ego Zelena
- Shantel VanSanten cast in 'Messengers,' aka The CW reunites 'One Tree Hill's' Clay and Quinn (kind of)
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3, episode 23 promo: 'Someone's about to die' in 'Insatiable'
- Amazon orders 'The After,''Transparent,' more pilots to series: Report
- More From Zap2it