October 7, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 8th 2010 7:38AM
There was a great industry joke lobbed at the Hollywood awards machine by the short-lived but loved TV cartoon 'The Critic.' The joke featured a Midwestern farmer and his boy spotting a plane headed to Hollywood.
"Yep, son," the wide-eyed farm says with a big pitchfork in his all-American paw, "on that plane are the people who fill our lives with blockbuster movies, moronic situation comedies, awards shows where awards shows win awards. Get my gun, boy."
If the 82nd Academy Awards takes home an Emmy or even a nomination for their television broadcast, just about every middle American farmer with a sidearm will land on a terror alert watch list and every first class flight from New York to Hollywood will have to divert over the Gulf of Mexico in order to avoid the inevitable strafe of gunfire from America's heartland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bob's Burgers Renewed for Seasons 7, 8
- Arrow Sneak Peek: Damien Darhk Lays Out His Evil Plot for Star City
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- Ratings: Scream Queens Slips Again
- Bones Sneak Peek: Booth Fights for Survival — Watch the Gross Video
- More From TVLine
- Amy Schumer Reveals a Richer, Humbler Side of Herself in Hilarious 'SNL' Promos
- 'Duck Dynasty' Stars Reveal the One Struggle That Had Them Questioning God
- Julianne Moore Reveals Her Natural, Uncontrollable Hair to Ellen DeGeneres
- Hollywood's Sexiest Shirtless Men March 2014
- Christina Aguilera Returning to 'The Voice' for Season 10
- More From ET