March 2, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 8th 2010 7:38AM
There was a great industry joke lobbed at the Hollywood awards machine by the short-lived but loved TV cartoon 'The Critic.' The joke featured a Midwestern farmer and his boy spotting a plane headed to Hollywood.
"Yep, son," the wide-eyed farm says with a big pitchfork in his all-American paw, "on that plane are the people who fill our lives with blockbuster movies, moronic situation comedies, awards shows where awards shows win awards. Get my gun, boy."
If the 82nd Academy Awards takes home an Emmy or even a nomination for their television broadcast, just about every middle American farmer with a sidearm will land on a terror alert watch list and every first class flight from New York to Hollywood will have to divert over the Gulf of Mexico in order to avoid the inevitable strafe of gunfire from America's heartland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kenya Accuses Phaedra of Infidelity
- 'Battle Creek' Series Premiere Recap: Will These Cops Ever Become Buddies?
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Finale Recap: A Scandalous Christmas and a Fond Farewell
- 'Once Upon a Time' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Who Makes It into Storybrooke?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': What Needs to Happen in Season 2
- More From BuddyTV
- Battle Creek: Does This Procedural Boast CBS' Better Odd Couple?
- Secrets and Lies: What's Your Verdict on ABC's New Murder Mystery?
- Downton Abbey Season Finale Recap: 'Proposals and Propositions'
- Good Wife Recap: Cash Twenty-Two
- The Last Man on Earth: Is Fox's New Post-Apocalyptic Comedy a Survivor?
- More From TVLine