April 23, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 8th 2010 7:38AM
There was a great industry joke lobbed at the Hollywood awards machine by the short-lived but loved TV cartoon 'The Critic.' The joke featured a Midwestern farmer and his boy spotting a plane headed to Hollywood.
"Yep, son," the wide-eyed farm says with a big pitchfork in his all-American paw, "on that plane are the people who fill our lives with blockbuster movies, moronic situation comedies, awards shows where awards shows win awards. Get my gun, boy."
If the 82nd Academy Awards takes home an Emmy or even a nomination for their television broadcast, just about every middle American farmer with a sidearm will land on a terror alert watch list and every first class flight from New York to Hollywood will have to divert over the Gulf of Mexico in order to avoid the inevitable strafe of gunfire from America's heartland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Nashville: On the Record Recap: We'll Do It Live!
- American Idol Top 6 Performance Recap: Wanna Ya-ah-ah-ah-ah… Yahoo It!
- CBS' Thursday Night Football Dates Set: When This Fall Might Big Bang Reclaim Its Time Slot?
- Arrow Recap: A Mother Of a Twist (Times Three)
- Sirens Sneak Peek: Will Johnny and Hank Allow Brian Into 'The Neutral Zone'?
- More From TVLine