August 22, 2014
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 8th 2010 7:38AM
There was a great industry joke lobbed at the Hollywood awards machine by the short-lived but loved TV cartoon 'The Critic.' The joke featured a Midwestern farmer and his boy spotting a plane headed to Hollywood.
"Yep, son," the wide-eyed farm says with a big pitchfork in his all-American paw, "on that plane are the people who fill our lives with blockbuster movies, moronic situation comedies, awards shows where awards shows win awards. Get my gun, boy."
If the 82nd Academy Awards takes home an Emmy or even a nomination for their television broadcast, just about every middle American farmer with a sidearm will land on a terror alert watch list and every first class flight from New York to Hollywood will have to divert over the Gulf of Mexico in order to avoid the inevitable strafe of gunfire from America's heartland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser
- Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season
- TVLine Items: Paul Reubens Gets Blacklisted, an OITNB Return & More
- Is Dome Too Tech Savvy? Should Rookie Cop Quit? Ship Happens on The Strain? Sex Wife Insane? And More Qs
- Watch Fox's Red Band Society Pilot Now!
- More From TVLine
- Watch Hugh Jackman Lift 400 lbs. Almost Effortlessly!
- George Clooney's Ex Elisabetta Canalis Engaged to Brian Perri
- Pete Wentz Welcomes Baby with Girlfriend Meagan Camper
- 2014 Emmys Predictions: Who Will Win in the Comedy Categories
- Maroon 5 Lets Their Inner 'Animals' Run Free with New Song
- More From ET