(S01E02) After the terrific premiere episode of Glee last May, it was probably inevitable that the second episode would have a hard time recapturing that euphoria. For the first few minutes, however, Glee had succeeded. As Will made his entrance into McKinley High, high on the joy that the New Directions had brought back to his life and seeing it reflected in the lives of the students in the club, I related to the euphoria. I love that euphoria.
As the music to Dean Martin's "Ain't That A Kick in the Head" played (sans vocal) in the background, it seemed that Glee was sailing. More on the rest of the show after the jump.
Here's what I didn't notice about this commercial until I saw it again on my DVR -- there's a little notice at the bottom of the screen that says 'Warning: Do Not Attempt". What are we talking about here? Are they telling us not to place jumper cables on our nipples (because, if that's the case, then they're too late) or are they telling us not to dance to Salt n' Pepa's Push It? I think we need some confirmation here.
Either way, this was one of the funnier commercials during this year's Super Bowl. I mean, how can you go wrong with a overweight guy who gets down to a popular 80's dance tune. It just proves that sometimes you need to go for the crass rather than for the smart to get your message across.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Once Upon a Time' Interview: Emilie de Ravin and Robert Carlyle Tease Emma Needing Help, Gold's Status and More
- 'Teen Wolf': Why Stiles and Lydia are Perfect Together
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Interview: EP Julie Plec on Alaric's 'Questionable Decisions,' Damon and Bonnie's Friendship and More
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Privilege'
- More From BuddyTV
- Fox Cancels Seacrest's Knock Knock
- Looking Cancellation: HBO Boss Talks 'Painful' Decision to End Series
- TVLine Items: Top Gear Hosts' New Show, Gilmore Girls Reruns and More
- Game of Thrones Poised to End With Season 8, HBO 'Open' to Prequel
- True Detective Backlash: HBO Boss 'Enormously Proud' of Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Rep: Paula Deen Is Not Getting a Divorce Despite Rumors
- Betty White and Bob Barker Call for Cecil the Lion's Killer to Be Punished
- Kylie Jenner is Going To Spend Her 18th Birthday in Canada
- This 2-Year-Old Loves a Local Personal Injury Lawyer So Much That He Made It His Birthday Theme
- ‘Spider-Man' Writers on Taking ‘John Hughes' Approach: ‘We Are Going to Write a Real Kid'
- More From ET