(S01E02) After the terrific premiere episode of Glee last May, it was probably inevitable that the second episode would have a hard time recapturing that euphoria. For the first few minutes, however, Glee had succeeded. As Will made his entrance into McKinley High, high on the joy that the New Directions had brought back to his life and seeing it reflected in the lives of the students in the club, I related to the euphoria. I love that euphoria.
As the music to Dean Martin's "Ain't That A Kick in the Head" played (sans vocal) in the background, it seemed that Glee was sailing. More on the rest of the show after the jump.
Here's what I didn't notice about this commercial until I saw it again on my DVR -- there's a little notice at the bottom of the screen that says 'Warning: Do Not Attempt". What are we talking about here? Are they telling us not to place jumper cables on our nipples (because, if that's the case, then they're too late) or are they telling us not to dance to Salt n' Pepa's Push It? I think we need some confirmation here.
Either way, this was one of the funnier commercials during this year's Super Bowl. I mean, how can you go wrong with a overweight guy who gets down to a popular 80's dance tune. It just proves that sometimes you need to go for the crass rather than for the smart to get your message across.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- American Idol Top 8 Ladies Recap: Shock and 'Awww!'
- More From TVLine
- Stars and Their Adorable Pets
- Reese Witherspoon Posts Cute Photo of Baby Tennessee, Writes Sweet Message to Husband
- 'Dark Places' Trailer Proves It's a Worthy Companion to 'Gone Girl'
- Transgender Women Share Their Personal Stories with ET Special Correspondent Janet Mock
- Martha Stewart, Shaquille O'Neal to Roast Justin Bieber
- More From ET