(S01E02) After the terrific premiere episode of Glee last May, it was probably inevitable that the second episode would have a hard time recapturing that euphoria. For the first few minutes, however, Glee had succeeded. As Will made his entrance into McKinley High, high on the joy that the New Directions had brought back to his life and seeing it reflected in the lives of the students in the club, I related to the euphoria. I love that euphoria.
As the music to Dean Martin's "Ain't That A Kick in the Head" played (sans vocal) in the background, it seemed that Glee was sailing. More on the rest of the show after the jump.
Here's what I didn't notice about this commercial until I saw it again on my DVR -- there's a little notice at the bottom of the screen that says 'Warning: Do Not Attempt". What are we talking about here? Are they telling us not to place jumper cables on our nipples (because, if that's the case, then they're too late) or are they telling us not to dance to Salt n' Pepa's Push It? I think we need some confirmation here.
Either way, this was one of the funnier commercials during this year's Super Bowl. I mean, how can you go wrong with a overweight guy who gets down to a popular 80's dance tune. It just proves that sometimes you need to go for the crass rather than for the smart to get your message across.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Spartacus,''Scandal,''Orange Is the New Black' and more of 2013's best TV
- 'Sleepy Hollow' recap: A golem, a sin eater, and Ichabod Crane walk into a carnival
- Can 'Almost Human' make the leap from good to great?
- 'The Voice': Tessanne Chin talks 'therapeutic' semi-finals performance, brunch at Adam Levine's house
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says Matt Smith is final Doctor, what about Peter Capaldi?
- More From Zap2it
- SCTV's Martin Short, Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin to Reunite in NBC's Working the Engels
- Exclusive: Ray Wise Joins The Young and the Restless As a Blast From Nikki's Past
- What to Watch Tuesday: Sons of Anarchy and 3 Other Finales, a Chicago Fire Fight and More
- The Sing-Off Season 4 Premiere Recap: For Whom the A Capella Tolls
- Sleepy Hollow Fall Finale Recap: Six Thousand Little Ichabods
- More From TVLine