You may not have realized it after coming off of your President's Day Booze and Beef BBQ, but February 17th was the voluntary day for television stations to turn off those piddly analog signals and crank up their digital ones. Other than one guy shooting his television over the conversion, the switchover of about a quarter of the 1800 television stations in the U.S. went off fairly smoothly. Course, this was just the dress rehearsal. The real performance will be on June 12th, which has become the new 'no change' cut over date.
Being a proud citizen of the United States, I thought I'd take your pulse once again and find out if any stations in your viewing area cut over on Tuesday. If they did, and you were one of those remaining folks without a cable hookup, did you encounter any problems with your new digital converter box? Also, just out of curiosity, was there one major market station that remained in analog mode while the others jumped into the digital pool?
Come on, Americans! Let your voice ring out on this matter.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19 Finale Preview: Chris Soules Struggles with His Final Decision
- More From BuddyTV
- Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables to Become Event Series at Fox
- The Simpsons First Look: Cat Deeley Gets Animated! Plus: The SYTYCD Host Shares an LOL Seacrest Zinger!
- Revenge Sneak Peek: Margaux Gets Emily Right Where She Wants Her
- Ratings: Empire Breaks 14 Million, Idol Drops, CSI: Cyber Solid, Middle Rises
- Banshee Penultimate Season 3 Sneak Peek: Job's Cover Blown!
- More From TVLine
- Jared Leto Debuts Platinum Hair at Paris Fashion Week Just Like Kim Kardashian
- Adam Sandler and Bob Barker Reignite 'Happy Gilmore' Feud
- This Kid Made the Weirdest, Most Wonderful Bar Mitzvah Invite (but His Brother Steals the Show)
- Demi Lovato on Possible Eminem Collaboration: ‘I Can Relate to Him on Being in Recovery'
- Kim Kardashian Confession: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead You Could Ever Imagine'
- More From ET