You may not have realized it after coming off of your President's Day Booze and Beef BBQ, but February 17th was the voluntary day for television stations to turn off those piddly analog signals and crank up their digital ones. Other than one guy shooting his television over the conversion, the switchover of about a quarter of the 1800 television stations in the U.S. went off fairly smoothly. Course, this was just the dress rehearsal. The real performance will be on June 12th, which has become the new 'no change' cut over date.
Being a proud citizen of the United States, I thought I'd take your pulse once again and find out if any stations in your viewing area cut over on Tuesday. If they did, and you were one of those remaining folks without a cable hookup, did you encounter any problems with your new digital converter box? Also, just out of curiosity, was there one major market station that remained in analog mode while the others jumped into the digital pool?
Come on, Americans! Let your voice ring out on this matter.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- 'The Amazing Race' Season Finale Recap: Which Team Wins the Race?
- More From BuddyTV
- Darlene Love's Final Late Show Visit: Watch Her Full Performance
- Late Late Show: Craig Ferguson Says Goodbye With Incredible Twist Ending
- Glee First Look: A Reunion-y Season 6 — With Bonus Quinn and Karofsky!
- The Amazing Race Season 25 Finale: And the Winner Is...
- Cable Ratings: Colbert Report Ends on High Note, Covert Finale Ticks Up
- More From TVLine
- Craig Ferguson's Final 'Late Late Show' Ends With a Twist
- Watch George Clooney Turn Heads in His 'Downton Abbey' Debut!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Daughter No. 2!
- The Ultimate Binge-Watch Guide: Which TV Shows to Marathon Over the Holidays!
- ‘The Amazing Race' Crowns Season 25 Winners
- More From ET