You may not have realized it after coming off of your President's Day Booze and Beef BBQ, but February 17th was the voluntary day for television stations to turn off those piddly analog signals and crank up their digital ones. Other than one guy shooting his television over the conversion, the switchover of about a quarter of the 1800 television stations in the U.S. went off fairly smoothly. Course, this was just the dress rehearsal. The real performance will be on June 12th, which has become the new 'no change' cut over date.
Being a proud citizen of the United States, I thought I'd take your pulse once again and find out if any stations in your viewing area cut over on Tuesday. If they did, and you were one of those remaining folks without a cable hookup, did you encounter any problems with your new digital converter box? Also, just out of curiosity, was there one major market station that remained in analog mode while the others jumped into the digital pool?
Come on, Americans! Let your voice ring out on this matter.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who Was the Baddest Character in Season 4?
- 'American Idol': Ranking the Winners' Coronation Songs
- More From BuddyTV
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: The Band Perry does Goth marital fidelity
- 'Breaking Amish: Brave New World' Season 2: Kate Stoltzfus 'wasn't looking forward to' coming back
- 'Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer Night' heats up CBS
- With help from Bon Jovi and Tom Selleck, 'North America' goes wild for Discovery
- 'Saturday Night Live' video: Watch Stefon's farewell, Kanye West's new singles and more
- More From Zap2it
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 124 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- What to Watch this Weekend: The Simpsons and 4 Other Finales, a Mad Man's Surprise and More
- More From TVLine