Regis and Kelly both seemed to liked the idea of the show actually shooting in Blue Bell. "I want to live there!" Kelly exclaimed. When Regis excitedly asked if Bilson had met any southern gentlemen while filming, she had to gently break the news that Blue Bell is just a fictional town, and that the show shoots on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, California. "Maybe if it actually existed, and if we actually shot there ..." she lamented.
In this new series, Bilson plays Dr. Zoe Hart, who wants to be a big-time surgeon, but is advised she needs to work on her bedside manner. Throughout her career, she's been plagued by postcards from a doctor in Alabama, offering to let her work by his side.
Finally, on her last hope, she heads down to take him up on his offer for a year so she can get her desired career back on track. But that's when everything goes sideways.
"Now I'm 30 and I feel like it's okay to go to bed at 9:30," she marveled. She even decided that it was okay to watch 'The Golden Girls' now that she's 30. It's like stepping into that stage of your life opens up so many doors.
Being cool and trendy suddenly doesn't matter anymore. You have an unprecedented freedom to be who you want to be. That said, we're not sure we buy that Rachel Bilson's 20s "kind of suck," as she said. She seemed to do doing pretty good the past ten years.
(S05E12) After I wrote my gushing preview of this episode, I went back and re-watched it, hoping my first impression was correct. It turned out that it was, but for a very different reason than I thought. The 100th episode of HIMYM didn't have everything that makes the show such fun for its fans: there was no time-shifting, and not a lot of misdirection. It just told two straight-ahead stories that were really funny and gave us confidence in how things are going to play out going forward.
Oh, and it had a song-and-dance number that was fun as hell.
EW.com's Michael Ausiello reports that the actress, formerly of 'The O.C.,' will guest star in the show's 100th episode in January.
'HIMYM' executive producer Craig Thomas revealed that the pivotal episode would contain "some serious Mother action." He went on to say, "It'll be the closest Ted's ever come to [discovering who she is]. He's getting a step closer every episode this season, and episode 100 [we] kind of go bananas with it."
When I tuned in, I really thought it would be The O.C. East, but Schwartz and the rest of the writers did a good job of making it its own show, I'm sure in no small part due to the fact that they had a series of books to work with. In fact, last night's 90210 premiere reminded me more of The O.C. than Gossip Girl ever has. So when I read that an O.C. alum was making her way to the Upper East Side, I wasn't exactly thrilled.
Casting spoilers ahead.
(S01E09) "Relax, It's dating in L.A. ... everyone lies" - Casey
So, if you saw this episode last night, you must be freaking out right now. If you happen to be passing by this review on the TVSquad front page, I won't ruin it for you, but you need to be watching Chuck. It is really one of the few shows I truly look forward to and it will be the one I miss the most if this strike continues for much longer. That may be a little extreme of me to say, but it is pretty much the truth.
Bilson will appear in a multi-episode arc on NBC's new action-comedy airing Mondays before Heroes. She is set to play a love interest for the lead character of Chuck, played by Zachary Levi. Her character will be Chuck's first romantic interest since his girlfriend broke up with him a few years ago while in college.
Anne Heche sure loves 'em and leaves 'em. ET is reporting the Men in Trees star has left husband Coley Laffoon (with whom she has a son) for co-star James Tupper. Heche and Tupper's characters are romantically involved on the show.
But here's the problem with co-stars hooking up: they often eventually break up. And when they do, it sure causes havoc with TV storylines.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- The 25 Best Dances from 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19
- 'Hart of Dixie' Season 4 Premiere Photos: All About Zoe and Wade
- More From BuddyTV
- Awkward's Ashley Rickards Talks Jenna's Choice, Lacey's Surprise and More Season 4 Finale Twists
- The Flash Recap: Future Shock
- The Voice Results Recap: Women on the Verge of a Total Breakdown
- Glee Season 6 First Look: Dramatic New Poster Bids Farewell to McKinley
- Once Upon a Time Photos: Kissing, Cuddling and Blackbeard Vs.... Anna?
- More From TVLine
- Paul Rudd's College Yearbook Photo Will Blow Your Mind
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey's ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You' Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time
- Rihanna Teases New Song From Upcoming Eighth Album
- Could Your Kid Be a Star? ET Goes Inside An LA Acting School For Kids
- Allison Williams' Surprising Peter Pan Diet: Donuts & Bagels & Everything Sinful
- More From ET