"It was my intention. I figured aging was unpopular. So, I decided not to do it," Machio joked.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
I swear, I get more TV news from Twitter these days than nearly anywhere else. To wit: I just found out a brand new piece of Ugly Betty casting news from one of the stars himself. Ralph Macchio, the erstwhile Karate Kid, who joined Betty at the beginning of last season, will be reprising his role in season 4.
He tweeted: "4 all inquiring about Ugly Betty. Just got official call that Archie will b back in Season 4. 4 how much, how long and when. Don't know yet."
Hmmm ...it's easy to sit here and say, oh, it's good Harris got it, but who knows? Maybe Macchio would have been great in the role too and would have served as sort of a resurgence for his acting career.
With all the "Barneyisms," maybe the writers could have thrown in a funny "Wax on, wax off" reference.
Remember Ralph Macchio, star of The Karate Kid and My Cousin Vinny? He's signed a deal with N, the teen network I've never seen (the nighttime version of Noggin, which I've also never seen) to develop TV shows. He won't star in the shows, which is good because you don't want someone older trying to pass themselves off as a teen, though it never hurt Beverly Hills, 90210.
He's also working on a TV show called The Ralph Show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Graceland's Serinda Swan Weighs In on Paige Hate, Unsexiest Sex Scene Ever
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- More From TVLine
- Mick Jagger's Son James Looks Just Like Him!
- Salma Hayek: Racism in America Is the 'Big Elephant in the Room'
- Chris Pine Will Officially Play Wonder Woman's Love Interest!
- Miranda Lambert Says She's 'Been Living Off Caffeine & Sad Songs' After Divorce
- Did Gisele Bündchen Secretly Get Plastic Surgery in Paris?
- More From ET