"It was my intention. I figured aging was unpopular. So, I decided not to do it," Machio joked.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
I swear, I get more TV news from Twitter these days than nearly anywhere else. To wit: I just found out a brand new piece of Ugly Betty casting news from one of the stars himself. Ralph Macchio, the erstwhile Karate Kid, who joined Betty at the beginning of last season, will be reprising his role in season 4.
He tweeted: "4 all inquiring about Ugly Betty. Just got official call that Archie will b back in Season 4. 4 how much, how long and when. Don't know yet."
Hmmm ...it's easy to sit here and say, oh, it's good Harris got it, but who knows? Maybe Macchio would have been great in the role too and would have served as sort of a resurgence for his acting career.
With all the "Barneyisms," maybe the writers could have thrown in a funny "Wax on, wax off" reference.
Remember Ralph Macchio, star of The Karate Kid and My Cousin Vinny? He's signed a deal with N, the teen network I've never seen (the nighttime version of Noggin, which I've also never seen) to develop TV shows. He won't star in the shows, which is good because you don't want someone older trying to pass themselves off as a teen, though it never hurt Beverly Hills, 90210.
He's also working on a TV show called The Ralph Show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- ABC's black-ish Casts Jenifer Lewis as Anthony Anderson's Mother
- TVLine Items: iZombie Taps Veronica Mars Star, Pretty Little Special & More
- More From TVLine
- A Restaurant in England Is Serving This Breakfast That Contains 8,000 Calories
- Michael Phelps Arrested for DUI, Issues Apology: 'I Am Deeply Sorry'
- 'Selfie' Review: A Fun, Fresh Comedy That Shines Without a Filter
- Britney Spears Wants 2 More Kids, 1 Husband, 3 Planes, 4 Houses
- Ciara Becomes Latest Victim of Notorious Red Carpet Prankster
- More From ET