"It was my intention. I figured aging was unpopular. So, I decided not to do it," Machio joked.
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
I swear, I get more TV news from Twitter these days than nearly anywhere else. To wit: I just found out a brand new piece of Ugly Betty casting news from one of the stars himself. Ralph Macchio, the erstwhile Karate Kid, who joined Betty at the beginning of last season, will be reprising his role in season 4.
He tweeted: "4 all inquiring about Ugly Betty. Just got official call that Archie will b back in Season 4. 4 how much, how long and when. Don't know yet."
Hmmm ...it's easy to sit here and say, oh, it's good Harris got it, but who knows? Maybe Macchio would have been great in the role too and would have served as sort of a resurgence for his acting career.
With all the "Barneyisms," maybe the writers could have thrown in a funny "Wax on, wax off" reference.
Remember Ralph Macchio, star of The Karate Kid and My Cousin Vinny? He's signed a deal with N, the teen network I've never seen (the nighttime version of Noggin, which I've also never seen) to develop TV shows. He won't star in the shows, which is good because you don't want someone older trying to pass themselves off as a teen, though it never hurt Beverly Hills, 90210.
He's also working on a TV show called The Ralph Show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bones' Episode 10.2 Photos: Another Lead in the Search for Booth's Enemy
- 'The Originals' Season 2 Premiere Photos
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Where Is Richard Castle?
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 12 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Alaric Is Back
- More From BuddyTV
- DWTS Season 19 Premiere Recap: Who Rocked? Who's at Risk?
- The Flash Enlists Barry Allen's Original Love Interest as STAR Labs Rival
- Castle Season 7 Photos: Beckett & Co. Are Gunning for Answers
- Finding Carter Season Finale First Look: Prepare for Lori's Craziest Surprise Yet
- Blacklist's James Spader on Season 2: 'Nothing Is as Simple as It Appears'
- More From TVLine