If there's one person I am more indifferent toward than Rod Stewart, it's his son. Nevertheless, Sean Stewart is the center of A&E's new reality series, Sons of Hollywood, along with Randy Spelling (son of the late Aaron Spelling) and David Weintraub.
The series, which premieres April 1 with two episodes at 10:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., follows the three young men as they try to carve their own niche in the world and make a name for themselves beyond just being the sons of famous fathers. In one episode, Randy deals with the death of his famous producer father, who passed away while the series was being filmed.
I doubt I'll watch this new series for the same reason I never watched The Simple Life: rich people don't interest me. The idea of a reality show in which regular folk like you and I try to make their way in the world seems far more interesting than three guys who simply move from one mansion into another.
Folks, always be nice to your extremely wealthy and influential parents. Because, if you don't, you may not get what you were promised when one of them passes away.
This is the situation that is playing out in the family of producer Aaron Spelling, who passed away back in June due to complications form a stroke. It seems that daughter Tori Spelling (Beverly Hills, 90210) will not be getting the promised multi-millions from her father's $500 million fortune. Instead, she'll be inheriting a paltry $800,000; a mere 0.16 percent fragment of the entire amount. According to an article in Us Weekly, the severe reduction in funds results from the continued estrangement from her mother Candy, who is the sole executor of her late husband's estate. The report also says that brother Randy will also receive the same amount of money, but will be set up for life by his mother.
The article reads like one of Spelling's primetime soap operas. I wonder if someone else will make the antics of the Spelling family into a successful show starring Heather Locklear.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Mindy Project: Dr. Lahiri Defies Gravity, Gets Cheeky in Season 4 Posters
- Empire-Fueled Fox, ABC Family Top GLAAD's Annual LGBT Inclusion Study
- Mr. Robot Creator Says Finale's Big Reveal 'Is the Heart of Future Seasons,' Names the Scenes That Wowed Him
- Paula Deen? Kim Zolciak? A 'Vine Star'?! Does DWTS Need a Time-Out?
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 45 Million Instagram Followers With Sexy Cleavage Shots
- Kate Hudson and Jennifer Aniston's Selfie Inspires New Squad Goals!
- Scruffy Robert Pattinson Crashes a Wedding in Ireland -- See the Pics!
- Ariana and Frankie Grande Binge Watch 'America's Next Top Model' Together!
- Fox & ABC Family Get 'Excellent' Rating From GLAAD for Network Responsibility
- More From ET