People enjoy rap, and people enjoy reality television. So: why not combine them?
That seems to be the thought process behind Rapping with the Stars, a new reality series that could be popping up on MTV that, according to Variety, "features teams squaring off in [a] range of rap-oriented musical challenges."
Those "teams" consist of, naturally, a rapper and a celebrity. I wonder, though, how many rap-oriented challenges can there be? Other than freestyle, performing someone else's rap, or doing your own rap, what's left? Is there some kind of rap endurance race in which rappers must perform Run-DMC tunes while sprinting and pole vaulting cross country? Because there should be, I'd totally watch that.
If this show does become as popular as Dancing with the Stars, perhaps we'll start seeing more and more with the Stars-style shows, none of which I will watch.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Premiere: 17 Shocking Moments from 'Green Arrow'
- 'Criminal Minds': The 9 Moments Leading Up to the UnSub's Final Plan in 'The Witness'
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.4 Photos: Vance Returns to Field Duty
- More From BuddyTV
- FX Renews Tyrant for Season 3
- Halt and Catch Fire Scores Season 3 Renewal Amid Showrunner Switch
- Twin Peaks Recasts Major Role for Revival (and It's a Total Bummer)
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- More From TVLine
- Scott Disick Calls Nude Kourtney Kardashian a 'Hot Mama'
- Lance Bass Clarifies 'Inappropriate Touching' Comments: 'No One From *NSYNC Was Molested'
- Janet Jackson and N.W.A. Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Once Upon a Time' Sneak Peek: Hook and Emma Relive Their First Date -- And It's Intense!
- Marvel Announces 'Ant-Man' Sequel -- and a Female Superhero Is Finally Getting Her Name in the Title!
- More From ET