Non-Emmy TV News Roundup: Chelsie Hightower is a 'SYTYCD' All-Star, 'One Tree Hill' Actor Returns & More
Judge/executive producer Nigel Lythgoe told TV Guide that the first dancer returning to the show is none other than Chelsie Hightower, current 'Dancing With the Stars' pro. "We're delighted she's coming back from 'Dancing With the Stars' for us," he told the site.
The move isn't permanent, though -- "She'll be going back to them, of course," he admitted.
In other non-Emmy TV news ...
(S06E08) Mr. Ford was back at the center of 'Lost' for this week's installment. The flash-sideways started us off in familiar territory before veering sharply into the unexpected. Pieces and characters are starting to come together a little more in the beta-verse, with lots of interesting potential.
Back in the alpha-verse, we spent the entire episode with MiB-Locke and his motley crew of temple survivors. That meant Kate got to spend some quality time with Claire and the new and subdued Sayid. All in all, it was one of the most uncomfortable scenes I've ever seen on the show. Imagine being surrounded by familiar faces and yet none of them are who they are; it was like some horrible mirror universe sequence.
Sawyer wasn't there for Kate's awkward moment, because he was off on some secret mission for MiB-Locke. A mission that raised even more questions, while setting the stage for what will likely be the ultimate conflict for the season.
Or does she?
'Lost' executive producer Carlton Cuse confirmed in a tweet yesterday that Rebecca Mader - whose character, anthropologist Charlotte Lewis, died onscreen last season - has returned to the cast for the sixth and final season. On his Twitter feed, he wrote, "We are very happy to welcome Rebecca Mader back to LOST. Just saw some dailies of her new work. Awesome."
And Season Four gave us such pivotal moments. The introduction of the freighties, including some really good and interesting characters. The return of Michael. The identities of the Oceanic Six. An in-depth examination of what happened to them after the island in more flash forwards. The man in the cabin. Ben moves the island. And the identity of the man in the casket. So much happened in fourteen short episodes, but still that's not enough. To fill out the set, we've got two full discs of extras.
"Welcome to the war." Ben Linus utters those words to John Locke in one of ABC's Lost promos, gun in hand. Since day one, Ben claimed that the freighter folks were going to kill everyone on the island. The show's three-hour finale is only a few weeks away. What do these last episodes of the season hold for the island residents? Can they hold their own against Widmore's team of scientists and thugs? Spoiler Warning: Some details from promos, interviews, and podcasts are mentioned.
(S04E04) "Eggtown" gave us more answers and another shocking ending; I could really get used to this. This week, we got a closer look at Team Locke's life at the Barracks, caught a glimpse of Kate's future off the island, and got to catch up with the survivors on the beach--remember them? Not many shows could mix topics like blackmail, grenades, and motherhood into one episode, but Lost pulled it off.
ABC had garnered a fair amount of press over this one because of the obvious tie-in to the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie movie. The big news is that the creators of the movie are back for the TV show. Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, Swingers) and Simon Kinberg (X-Men: The Last Stand) have signed on to try and transform their movie to the small screen.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 9 Performance Rankings
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Finale Mystery: Charles is A, But Who is Charles?
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Suicidal Tendencies'
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Season 6: Who Should Stay and Who Should Go?
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Paint It Black'
- More From BuddyTV
- CSI's William Petersen Eyes TV Return With Major Manhattan Gig
- General Hospital Anniversary Promo Teases Reveal of Luke's Dark Secret
- VICE Renewed for Four Expanded Seasons at HBO, Adds Daily Newscast
- Mariah Carey Joins James Corden for Carpool Karaoke — Watch Video
- History Renews Vikings for Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Ashton Kutcher Is Punk'ing People Again
- Nick Jonas on Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'It's a Tough World'
- Kendall Jenner Lands Her Own Calvin Klein Jeans Campaign
- Rihanna Releases New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money' (After Making Her Fans Really Mad)
- Ed Sheeran Surprises Couple and Becomes the Best Wedding Singer of All Time
- More From ET