Sometimes morning TV can be more than perky weather girls and middle-aged anchors with over-sized coffee mugs.
One of the U.S. Marshal's most wanted criminals is now in custody thanks to the unlikely partnership of Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa and John Walsh.
Just a week after being added to the U.S. Marshals 15 Most Wanted list and one day before his case was to be profiled nationally on FOX's 'America's Most Wanted,' former state corrections officer Albert James Turner, Jr. is now in custody.
Walsh visited 'Live with Regis and Kelly' Friday morning to discuss the 1,000th episode of the long-running true crime show and his interview with President Obama. He previewed the upcoming cases Friday morning, and the right person was watching.
As a U.S. Marshal's press release states, "a viewer tip led to Turner's arrest this morning at a mall in Concord, N.C. He was taken into custody without incident."
"It's almost subconscious," Meyers told Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa on 'Live With Regis & Kelly' (weekdays, syndicated) this morning on watching shows like 'Miami Vice,' '21 Jump Street,' and 'Dallas' when he was a kid. "Because this is constantly being filtered into your living room, and you're hearing it through the tube the whole time, it's so much easier when you're an adult to be able to go to that accent."
As Ripa reminded him, though, "Well, you're a gifted actor!" Yeah, that definitely has something to do with it.
Watch the video after the jump.
Adams gives Regis one of her rings, which he eventually accepts, albeit not on his ring finger.
Watch the video from TV's Top 5! after the jump.
Anyway, since I don't watch the show every day, I had no idea what remark they were talking about. So I immediately fired up the ol' Google search machine and plugged in "regis kelly dominicans." Sure enough, a story (and accompanying video) came up from our cousins at TMZ about the Reege laughing at a joke where Kelly associates "donkeys" with "Dominicans," and the ensuing protest by Dominican organizations.
But then a click on the video clouds the issue a bit.
"He is our generation's Edward R. Murrow; that is, if Murrow were this good-looking and had lived in a world with Gawker and TMZ," DePaulo writes. "This is not just because of Cooper's exacting standards of journalism-hard work, legwork, no-divaness. He's a purist, really-like Murrow."
In addition to the morning duo, other guest stars lined up for the new East Coast version of Betty include Ripa's husband, former All My Children star Mark Consuelos and Long Island native Lindsay Lohan. Lohan is reprising her role as Betty's high school rival for five episodes.
I'm a sucker for shows that are filmed in New York, so I'm super-psyched about this season of Ugly Betty. Now that they've already snagged Regis & Kelly, what other New Yorkers should Ugly Betty try to get as a guest star? Personally, my fingers are crossed for Anderson Cooper. But then again, my fingers are always crossed for Anderson Cooper.
Anna told you yesterday about Regis Philbin's surprise announcement that he will undergo a heart bypass procedure this week. Philbin's last day for at least five weeks was yesterday, and the show has announced who will fill in for him while he's recuperating.
Today and tomorrow, CNN's Anderson Cooper, who has guest-hosted the show before, will take over for Regis in the chair next to Kelly Ripa. Then on Thursday and Friday, MTV's Damien Fahey will fill in. Then there will be a rotating group of celebs who will take over, and that list includes Jeff Probst, Martin Short, Donald Trump, Neil Patrick Harris, Howie Mandel, and Pat Sajak.
Wait a sec...no women? I know they like to have that male/female dynamic on the show, but come, who wouldn't watch Kathie Lee Gifford sit next to Kelly Ripa for a few days?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 7: Meet Gwen Stefani's Team
- 'Chicago Fire': 11 Epic Shayveride Moments
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 3 Performance Rankings
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 15 Surprising and Unwanted Developments from 'The Kindred'
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere: 14 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Driven'
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- Jessa Duggar: Abortion is the Holocaust of Our Time
- Have You Ever Seen Anything Cuter Than This 4-Year-Old Trying to Learn a Nursery Rhyme?
- Paula Abdul's Fun New Dance Project Makes a Serious Point
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- More From ET