September 23, 2014
by John Scott Lewinski, posted Mar 7th 2010 10:00AM
Sometimes morning TV can be more than perky weather girls and middle-aged anchors with over-sized coffee mugs.
One of the U.S. Marshal's most wanted criminals is now in custody thanks to the unlikely partnership of Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa and John Walsh.
Just a week after being added to the U.S. Marshals 15 Most Wanted list and one day before his case was to be profiled nationally on FOX's 'America's Most Wanted,' former state corrections officer Albert James Turner, Jr. is now in custody.
Walsh visited 'Live with Regis and Kelly' Friday morning to discuss the 1,000th episode of the long-running true crime show and his interview with President Obama. He previewed the upcoming cases Friday morning, and the right person was watching.
As a U.S. Marshal's press release states, "a viewer tip led to Turner's arrest this morning at a mall in Concord, N.C. He was taken into custody without incident."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who Does Nick Cannon Choose for His Ad Campaign?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Cast Portraits
- 'Big Brother 16' Final 3 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Premiere Recap: The Search for Berlin Continues
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale Recap: Big Jim Goes on a Killing Spree
- More From BuddyTV
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Good Morning, Lord Baltimore
- Under the Dome Season 2 Finale Recap: Heeeere's Jimmy!
- Dallas Finale Recap: Fall in the Family
- Forever: Does ABC's Immortal Drama Have Staying Power?
- The Voice Season 7 Premiere Recap: Do You Si What They Si? [Updated]
- More From TVLine
- Breaking Down The Dance Numbers: 'DWTS' Recap
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce From Bruce After 23 Years of Marriage
- 'The Voice' Season 7 Premiere: Find Out Which Coach Has the Best Team So Far!
- Bill Clinton on Becoming a Grandfather: I Feel Like I'm in Labor
- 10 Reasons We're Still Pissed About 'Lost' 10 Years Later
- More From ET