Also, the Tony Award-winning productions The Lion King and Rent will make rare encore performances at this year's gala.
The 62nd Annual Tony Awards will be broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 15th from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. ET (delayed PT) on CBS. Here's my issue with the Tonys. It's long and it's usually a snore. Do you think this effort to spice up the show will pay off? Does it make you want to tune in?
Later this month, TVComedyClassics.com will officially launch as a download service in which folks can purchase, or rent, various comedies from the UK.
Don't expect well-known shows like Black Adder or Monty Python, however. In fact, there isn't a single show listed on the site I've ever heard of. Perhaps they'll be familiar to some of our readers from across the pond: Labours of Erica, Up the Elephant and Round the Castle, Mann's Best Friend, Robert's Robots and Two in Clover, just to name a few. Other series from the '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s will be added when the site officially launches, with over one thousand titles in all eventually added to the service.
You know, we can snicker all we want at the allegations that Subway spokesman Jared Fogle spent his days at Indiana University running a successful porn rental business out of his apartment, but give the man credit for knowing his customer base and how to run a successful business. If there's one thing college males want as much as beer and weed, it's porn. Also, keep in mind this is pre-internet, so folks had to get their porno from somewhere. And let's not pretend, fellas, that none of us have ever seen a pornographic movie. I myself have a collection of over one hundred tapes. They're not video tapes, they're audio cassettes, and I listen to them while I'm jogging. I like to imagine it's how porno would have been done back in the RKO radio days.
So there you have it: before he became that fat guy who got kinda less fat by walking and eating Subway sandwiches, he had a lucrative career as a porn distributor. He's got business savvy, you gotta give him that.
Well, Susan, funny you ask. It was just announced last week that Tamyra Gray will be hitting the Broadway stage once again. She is set to join the cast of Rent in the role of Mimi Marquez. Tamyra will be with the show from May 29 to November 25. Tamyra made her Broadway debut in November 2004 in the Bollywood-inspired musical, Bombay Dreams.
To many, the dismissal of Frenchie, but not Antonella, represents a double standard. And this Tuesday, March 6, civil rights activist Najee Ali is holding an anti-Idol rally to bring attention to this "racial bias" as he calls it. Ali said, "they can't have a rule for white contestants and have a different rule for black contestants."
The Black Donnellys is a crime drama based in New York and it's being produced by Crash and Million Dollar Baby writer Paul Haggis. It's about a group of brothers, some of whom are wrapped up in crime, who will do anything to protect each other. Raines stars Jeff Goldblum as a cop who has visions of crime victims. Donnellys doesn't have a premiere date yet but Raines is set to take over Las Vegas' timeslot in March. Although, NBC recently reduced its episode order for Raines-- not a good sign.
- At 7, ESPN2 has the Pilot Pen tennis tournament.
- At 7:30, TNT has the Nextel Cup: Sharpie 500 NASCAR race, while ESPN has coverage of the Little League World Series.
- At 8, ABC has Pearl Harbor (pre-season football action in some markets, the Patriots vs. the Redskins).
- CBS has football at 8 too, the Bucs vs. the Jaguars.
- NBC has a new Dateline at 8.
- There's a new reDesign at 8 on HGTV.
- E! has the Creative Arts Emmy Awards at 8.
- At 9, FOX has a new America's Most Wanted.
- IFC has Peter Dinklage, Patricia Clarkson, and Bobby Cannavale in The Station Agent at 9.
- At 10, STARZ has Rent.
- Diana DeGarmo: after spending the holidays entertaining the troops abroad, she's joining the cast of Hairspray on Broadway on February 7.
- Frenchie Davis: proving that racy photos
on the internet aren't the end of all things, she's a cast member of Rent on Broadway, where she's been since
she was prematurely booted off the show in 2003.
- William Hung: thinking he's entitled to more than 15 minutes of fame, he's still performing crap from his three, yes three, albums.
- Tamyra Gray: the one who should've gone against Kelly Clarkson in the finale, Tamyra is working on her second album and persuing more acting roles.
- Josh Gracin: lookin' a little thick around the middle, Josh just kicked off a tour where he is opening for Trace Adkins. He and his wife, Ann Marie, now have two children.
- Corey Clark: ah, who the hell cares?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Grant Gustin
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- Celebs React to Ireland's Historic Same-Sex Marriage Vote
- Sharon Osbourne to Take Month Leave From 'The Talk' After Collapse
- 'One Tree Hill' star Jana Kramer Marries NFL Player Michael Caussin
- Star Sightings May 2015
- More From ET