AOL TV has just learned exclusively that a certain 'Desperate Housewives' alumnus will soon be stopping by.
Richard Burgi -- whom Wisteria Lane fans remember as Susan's (Teri Hatcher) ex Karl, the one who was engaged to Edie (Nicolette Sheridan) and then had an affair with Bree (Marcia Cross) before dying in a plane crash -- will be popping up on 'Castle' for an episode this November.
They're shooting the episode this week, but we've got early details on the episode and Burgi's role.
According to Zap2It, Tierney will play Robert California's wife.
"I'm a big fan of hers," 'Office' showrunner Paul Lieberstein told Zap2It. "I'm very excited."
So far she's only contracted for one episode, but maybe if we wish really hard she'll become a recurring character!
In other casting news ...
The network, which launched in January, hasn't been performing as well as the talk show host had hoped, and the New York Post reports that network brass have been shaking things up behind the scenes.
"We're doing a lot of changes to the schedule," a spokesman for OWN told the Post yesterday. First up: moving OWN's highest-performing show, 'Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes,' to Sunday nights.
The "reboot" will focus on celebrity reality shows, with 'Behind the Scenes' anchoring the new schedule. There will also be another advertising push.
In other TV news ...
• 'Body of Proof' star Jeri Ryan is moonlighting for an episode on the final season of 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent.' The actress tweeted about the gig yesterday, saying "Phew! Just got back to my room after a good but long shoot day on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. I start slightly-less-dark & early tomorrow!" [Twitter]
• Author Michael Chabon and wife Ayelet Waldman have sold a pilot about magicians and con men who fight Hitler. 'Hobgoblin' is in the early stages of development at HBO. Chabon and Waldman will co-write the script. [Variety]
• Chuck Lorre has hired his own lawyer to fight this Charlie Sheen mess. Also in today's Sheen news: a possible live show from the embattled star. [THR Esq., Radar]
CBS is moving their new murder-mystery series Harper's Island to Saturday nights. Guess the ratings just weren't what the network wanted, so starting next week the show will air on the night of reruns and movies. But don't worry that this is a sign that the show will vanish from the schedule altogether. This was created as a limited-run series and CBS says they'll show all of the episodes, just on another night (though I wouldn't bet on a second season).
I know what these networks are doing. It's all part of their master plan to make Saturday nights a "must-see" night of television again, an attempt to recapture of the glory years of shows like The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Carol Burnett Show, and The Bob Newhart Show. Someday all of the best show will be on Saturday nights and we'll be home in our Slankets watching them.
Of course, one could argue that shows like Kidnapped and Daybreak were also shows that were designed for a limited run, but NBC and ABC didn't market those shows the way that CBS is marketing this one. The ads for Harper's Island make it very clear that it's only going to be on for a short time. In the TV ads, they're very specific about the dates the show will run (April 9 to July 2), and the people behind the show are calling it "an event." It's a smart way to do it, and the TV ads have actually been clever and well-done.
(S05E21) "It's not easy knowing that your whole life is gonna go on without you." - Christian
It's hard to imagine what this show would be like if Christian were to die now. I'd like to think that Ryan Murphy and Co. will actually follow through on what's been an emotional rollercoaster for fans, watching Christian's cancer's ups and downs. If he somehow survives, I'll honestly be disappointed. Dr. Troy needs to die for this story to pay off. So the question is, when's he gonna kick it?
But I'm going to give Harper's Island a shot.
(S01E17) All things considered, this has been a pretty good week for Reaper. In light of the very real possibility that next week's season finale could have been a series finale, news that the show has been picked up for next season is cause for celebration. Sure, the thirteen episodes for mid-season part isn't ideal, but hey, gift horses and whatnot. I am already looking forward to a Reaper/Supernatural block on Thursday nights. And hey, there was a new episode too. There was a lot going on, but the big news was that after months of patience, there is finally some news on the contract. That, and the rest of the episode, after the jump.
- On the cover: the new football season upon us, and that means lots of TV coverage.
- What has Numb3rs star David Krumholtz been up to on summer hiatus?
- The magazine celebrates the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek, with a piece on William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, and info about the restoration coming to the episodes.
- In the print edition: a preview of the new season of Nip/Tuck; a look at the controversial new season of Survivor: Cook Islands; Bo Derek and Morgan Fairchild are back in a new soap; and a Q and A with Desperate Housewives star Richard Burgi, who reveals what could be a spoiler about the new season.
But I think this could be a new euphamism for sex. "Sheetrocking." It sounds slightly British, in a way. I don't know why.
Show creators/producers Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo have recorded a special podcast commentary for the pilot episode of the series, much like they recorded a podcast for the series finale of The Flash when that DVD set was released. You can find all the podcasts here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- More From TVLine
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Star Sightings July 2015
- Kelly Rutherford Reunites With Her Children in New York City
- David Beckham Celebrates Wedding Anniversary to Victoria Beckham With Throwback Pic
- North West is Ready for An Adventure --If Mom Kim Kardashian Lets Her Go!
- More From ET