The conversation turned then to Wendy's favorite topic ... hair. "I have twelve hairs that I tease like a salad and spray it with Dove flexible hold ... that's all I can do," Simmons joked. Simmons' now-famous afro has been getting thinner and thinner as the years have gone by, and he talked about getting his first hair transplants at age 19. When Wendy, who also deals with thinning hair, asked him if he recommends transplants, he said, "Absolutely. I would be completely bald with a Gene Harlow (headwrap) and a big rhinestone." He then told the audience, "If you look in the mirror and you do not like what you see, then you've gotta change it."
However, Simmons' noticeably slimmed-down frame, amply showcased by his gold mesh tank top and tiny shorts, sparked fears among many viewers that he may be unwell.
A rep for the fitness guru denied that he's got any health problems. Tom Estey told 'People' that Simmons is "the healthiest he's ever been."
Bono told 'Access Hollywood Live' (weekdays, syndicated on NBC) that he appreciated his mother's support during this week's performance show.. "I just saw her briefly after and she just told me how proud she was of me and how nervous she was for me," Bono told said. "I think she was proud and relieved."
Another celeb appearance excited 'AHL' hosts Billy Bush and Kit Hoover, though -- Richard Simmons, who helped train Bono this week.
We're not sure if it was because the camera was on him -- and we all know what a ham he can be for the camera -- but Richard Simmons was cracking everyone up with his crazy motivational shouts.
"Get lower like there's a cookie on the floor!" he shouted at one point. "I'm not happy until your underwear's wet!" If laughter is exercise, then Khloe was getting a double-dose of fitness for sure.
Now that we've seen the device and watched it demonstrated, the answer isn't crystal clear. But yes, it should have some impact on TV viewing.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with those that call the iPad just a bigger version of the iTouch or iPhone. On the surface, it is. However, while it's true that someone might prefer a one-hand device like the smaller iTouch or iPhone to watch a show on a commuter train, you have to imagine a different setting for the iPad.
Maybe Shatner should have gotten out a fire extinguisher. [via PopEater]
Simmons initially pretended not to notice that cameras were rolling and held Shatner's arm, nuzzled into his neck and mouthed the words "I love you." But then Simmons acknowledged his antics were being televised and moved away from Shatner, opening a newspaper and announcing a desire to thumb through the sports page in an affected deep voice.
Watch the video after the jump.
2. Two different TV shows in the past week, one a news program that had an analysis of the election and one a design show, used the phrase "do the math." I don't want to do the math. That's why I got into writing.
It started out innocently enough. The driver did a great job avoiding the innocent little deer chilling haphazardly in the street.
Then it got interesting. I couldn't quite tell what I was looking at, then imagine my surprise when Alice Cooper was in crouching in the middle of the road holding a snake. Okay, that was a little random, but I guess that's pretty funny...what could possibly be next?
There are many swears that have started to make their way on to television, and I don't mean just HBO and Showtime. I've heard "shit" and "asshole" sprinkled here and there.
But there's still one word that's a no-no, and that's the famous four letter word that begins with the letter "F." It's banned on network television, and I think even on cable you can only get away with it so many times during one show. In the movies there are limits to the number of times it is used and the context (exclamation or verb?).
After the jump are the top ten videos of the word being used on live television. This Digg post lists the Richard Simmons clip as number one, but that's not accurate because they're outtakes, not live segments. Still funny though!
Video after the jump, baby!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of ?Mix and Match.com?
- 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Star Kyle Richards on Brandi Glanville: 'We Won't Be Friends Again'
- 'The Amazing Race' Predictions: Who Will Win Season 25?
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star NeNe Leakes: ' I'm Not Friends With Cynthia'
- 'Kardashians' Couple Officially Divorced, Bruce Jenner to Change Name?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Jingle Ball Rises, 2-1/2 Men and Mom Slip, Old Bang Tops Night
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- More From TVLine