Branson explained that all will be determined based on how well the interview went. He was there to plug his book and talk about the civic responsibilities that corporations and the 1% should take on. The interview seemed to go just fine, but that didn't change Branson's plan.
As Colbert went for the bottle of water he'd stashed beforehand, Branson armed himself with the extinguisher and what ensued was a mess of a battle that we think Branson came out on top of. He only got wet. Colbert was coated in white.
Actually, in the moment when a fire broke out at Richard Branson's house, she decided she wasn't concerned at all.
"I started to put on a bra, then I thought, No that's gonna take me too long," she revealed. This was, apparently, a detail the press did not feel their readers needed to know in their reports of the dramatic incident, so Winslet filled us in.
When describing some of the features on the plane, Fallon talked about the touchscreen you could use to order drinks. But after he mentioned ordering a Coke, he felt the need to clarify that he wasn't talking about cocaine, but the drink.
"Nobody thought that," Will Arnett said from the couch. Later, Branson mimed snorting something off of his desk, but Arnett assured Jimmy it won't need to be pixelated, because Branson was snorting Coke the drink and not coke the drug. And it wasn't pixelated by the censors.
Watch the video after the jump.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Stephen Colbert took his run for the presidency a step further yesterday by announcing a possible running mate.
- Richard Branson is trying to get Natalie Imbruglia to do the dirty work on his new environmentally-friendly show.
- The Next Great American Band has all the badness and none of the goodness of American Idol.
Some interesting news coming from writer Ian Bogost. Bogost was a guest on The Colbert Report recently, and he revealed on his blog that there was another guest on the show that got into a water fight with host Stephen Colbert, and that the segment wasn't exactly lighthearted and might not even air.
Now it can be revealed that the other guest was billionaire entrepreneur Richard Branson. He was on the show to talk about his new Virgin America line of jets, one of which was going to be named after Colbert. Supposedly Branson wasn't happy that they didn't have enough time to talk about the new venture and poured a mug of water on Colbert, ruining his suit. Colbert got some water from a stagehand and dumped it on Branson. Now, no one knows for sure if this was a staged bit or serious, but Colbert had to change clothes to do another segment, and in video for Bogost's segment you can see a Poland Spring water bottle on the mantle (see pic above).
[via Boing Boing]
- Charlie Rose: Tina Brown
- The Daily Show: Robert Schrum
- The Colbert Report: Josh Wolf
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Kyra Sedgwick, Sir Richard Branson, and Maroon 5
- Jay Leno: Fred Thompson, Lauren Graham, and Toby Keith
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Bernie Mac, Bob Odenkirk, and Fiction Plane
- Tavis Smiley: Homeland Security Chief Michael Chertoff and author Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Tim Russert, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Feist
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Parker Posey and Ian Hunter
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Bijou Phillips and Satellite Party
If you had asked me what professions Dallas star Victoria Principal would do besides acting, I probably would have said model or talk show host or restaurant owner, or maybe even cosmetics queen, which she actually is. But "astronaut" would have been way down on the list, right after lion tamer and NFL quarterback.
But into space is where Principal is going. She's going to be one of the first civilian astronauts on Virgin Galactic, which will launch in 2008. Now, I'm sure she's not going to be docking with the International Space Station. The space plane will probably go just into space enough to call it a trip into space. But I'm not knocking that at all, that's legit, and I'd love to put a little Star Trek into my life, if I had a gazillion dollars.
And then I'd wake up and go into the shower and realize it was all a dream.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 3 Express Pass Power Rankings: The Stronger Teams Surge
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Juan Pablo Defends R-Word Joke, Rumored as the Worst Bachelor Ever?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Crashing Rafts, Missing Taxis and Dancing Globetrotters
- More From BuddyTV
- 'True Detective' Season 1 finale - 'Form and Void': In the court of the Yellow King
- 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Season 9, episode 7: Khloe files for divorce from Lamar
- 'The Simpsons' says goodbye to Marcia Wallace's Edna Krabappel
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Wicked is here
- 'Game of Thrones' releases new Season 4 trailer: Watch the epic, extended sneak peek
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Midseason Premiere Recap: Rated Ex
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- Looking Finale Post Mortem: Jonathan Groff on the Big Kevin-Richie Cliffhanger
- The Good Wife Recap: Integrity Check
- New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart'– But the Dragon Is Still Rad
- More From TVLine