More casting news after the jump.
(S02E15) "My job is to get your back, all the way down, but I need you to do your job." - Eliot to Nathan
"What's that?" - Nathan
"Be Nathan Ford, be the person we came back for." - Parker
My eyes have only seen a few episodes of 'Leverage,' and my brain is just now starting to understand its appeal. (My bodily organs don't work very well together. It's a long story. Words were said, tempers flared, pancreases made an off-color remark about someone else's mother. Enough said.)
Sure on the surface it appears to be a mid-adrenaline, action-adventure spy/mystery/crime show, but the season finale gave it an emotional depth and character progression that even most serious dramatic shows fail to accomplish. And it goes way beyond "not sucking."
(S02E14) "This is how we're going to take down the mayor...We're going to steal his ball park, and then the team. Not necessarily in that order." - Nathan to his team
Of course, that's what the show wants you to think. It has sprinkled that little tidbit on promos and commercials and even as a billboard opener in last night's episode. It turned out to be a great trick, a bit of slight of hand magic with a major cable network.
At one point, you think it's going to be a political mystery, a promising start since the story can literally go anywhere and make coherent sense. The plot could turn to S&M midgets selling pony meat on the black market and it would make a great twist as long it points back to the corrupt politician caught holding the riding crop.
But then it switches gears over and over into whole new mysteries and directions until your head becomes a revolving restaurant leaving you both confused but strangely satisfied.
(S01E01/S01E02) I'm about to give you fair warning. In addition to being a husband, father, writer at TV Squad, and Nobel Prize-winning astrophysicist I have also been in improv for 5 years. So, my review is may be slightly tainted.
That being said, I didn't think Thank God You're Here was an utter disaster. I also didn't think it was a laugh-until-you-pee hit, either. It was interesting to watch and mildly entertaining, even in those scenes where you knew the actors were waaaayyyy out of their element. And there was plenty of that.
(S01E10) I predict we'll solve it Friday at 10:01pm, then maybe watch some cable. -- Shawn Spencer
This was a very significant episode. Not because of the mystery being solved (which was very weak), but because of the character development we saw in three of the main players -- Carlton Lassiter, Henry Spencer, and our fair-haired boy Shawn Spencer.
Let's begin with Carlton. As I mentioned last week I noticed that Lassiter performance in the second-half of the first season was much more subdued than he was first portrayed. At the beginning he was shown almost like an amalgam of other over-the-top television cops. With this episode we can see he has been considerably toned down and made to be a bit more human.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bates Motel' Episode 2.3 Photos: Norma Expands Her Social Circle
- 'The Following' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Hannibal' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18 Predictions: Who Will Win?
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City': Ramona Singer's Crazy, Catty and Clueless Quotes
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunners know how the series ends, promise 7 or 8 seasons
- 'Mind Games' Steve Zahn: 'Some things don't need to be fixed'
- Tom Bergeron leaving 'America's Funniest Home Videos'; HBO teases 'Veep' Season 3
- 'Chrisley Knows Best': Todd Chrisley lives by, 'You're only as sick as your secrets'
- '24 Hours on Earth' travels second-by-second through a virtual day
- More From Zap2it
- NBC Sets Season Finale Dates For The Blacklist, Community, Parenthood and More
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Grey's, Good Wife, Suits, PLL, Reign, New Girl and More
- Awkward Season 4 Trailer: Jenna and Matty Hit the Sheets — But Are They Back Together?
- Once Upon a Time First Look: A Wicked Midwife, the Return of [Spoiler], Sad Regina and More
- Exclusive Glee First Look: Kurt, Blaine and More Reunite in 100th Episode Promo Art
- More From TVLine