July 29, 2014
by Mike Ryan, posted Oct 31st 2011 12:00PM
Poor Otis. Before we even begin to delve into Shane's actions to end the episode, there's something else that's been bugging me for now two episodes. Near the middle of last night's episode, when Shane returns to the house with the medical supplies, after explaining that Otis didn't make it (before we knew exactly why Otis didn't make it back), Rick tries to comfort the rest of the group by saying that Otis, "wanted to make it right." Make it right? This pisses me off.
by Mike Ryan, posted Oct 17th 2011 11:30AM
I like 'The Walking Dead' again. This comes after not liking 'The Walking Dead' at the end of last season (which I harped on way too much over at Vanity Fair last season) after really liking 'The Walking Dead' when it premiered. But, you see, I still feel a bit burned from last season's debacle. What started as a nuanced and (somewhat) realistic approach to an outbreak that left most of the population of Earth as non-sentient monsters, quickly deteriorated into absolute nonsense. Look, say what you will about 'Lost,' but at least its plot point about a mysterious bunker played out over the course of more than an entire season. 'The Walking Dead' decided to pull off its version of The Hatch (no joke, I really feel the Center for Disease Control was a ripoff of The Hatch -- way more on that right here) – from its discovery to its destruction – in two episodes. It's as if the same virus from the plot of 'The Walking Dead' somehow infected the show itself. (And, as we know, that virus claimed some causalities.) Regardless, whatever the problems were at the end of the last season ... I'm, cautiously, giving the second season another chance. And after watching last night's episode ... I'm, cautiously, optimistic.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Who Will Be the Next Bachelor?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Casts 'Frozen' Characters Prince Hans and Pabbie the Troll King
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals' Claire Holt Joins NBC Drama Aquarius as Series Regular
- TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 Poster Promises Same Shift on a Different Day — Plus: An 'Artsy' Photo Shoot Video
- Will iZombie 'Out-Gore' Walking Dead? Is Veronica Mars Crossover Inevitable?
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams on Lady Stoneheart, 'Snobby' Book Readers and Her New Movie Heatstroke
- More From TVLine
- Chris Pratt Adorably Surprises Kids at a 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Sarah Drew is Pregnant
- Rob Lowe for Shark Week—This is the Most Badass Video You'll See All Day!
- Watch Out New York – There's a Sharknado Coming!
- Elizabeth Banks Doesn't Want You to Be Ashamed of Sex
- More From ET