March 31, 2015
by Mike Ryan, posted Oct 31st 2011 12:00PM
Poor Otis. Before we even begin to delve into Shane's actions to end the episode, there's something else that's been bugging me for now two episodes. Near the middle of last night's episode, when Shane returns to the house with the medical supplies, after explaining that Otis didn't make it (before we knew exactly why Otis didn't make it back), Rick tries to comfort the rest of the group by saying that Otis, "wanted to make it right." Make it right? This pisses me off.
by Mike Ryan, posted Oct 17th 2011 11:30AM
I like 'The Walking Dead' again. This comes after not liking 'The Walking Dead' at the end of last season (which I harped on way too much over at Vanity Fair last season) after really liking 'The Walking Dead' when it premiered. But, you see, I still feel a bit burned from last season's debacle. What started as a nuanced and (somewhat) realistic approach to an outbreak that left most of the population of Earth as non-sentient monsters, quickly deteriorated into absolute nonsense. Look, say what you will about 'Lost,' but at least its plot point about a mysterious bunker played out over the course of more than an entire season. 'The Walking Dead' decided to pull off its version of The Hatch (no joke, I really feel the Center for Disease Control was a ripoff of The Hatch -- way more on that right here) – from its discovery to its destruction – in two episodes. It's as if the same virus from the plot of 'The Walking Dead' somehow infected the show itself. (And, as we know, that virus claimed some causalities.) Regardless, whatever the problems were at the end of the last season ... I'm, cautiously, giving the second season another chance. And after watching last night's episode ... I'm, cautiously, optimistic.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- More From TVLine
- Kate Holmes on Angelina Jolie's Kids' Choice Awards Speech: She's an Inspiration
- 3 Stars Who Totally Owned the Justin Bieber Roast
- Star Sightings March 2015
- FLASHBACK: ‘Tommy Boy' Turns 20! Behind the Scenes With Chris Farley and David Spade
- Zayn Malik's First Solo Song Is Out (and Some One Direction Fans Aren't Happy)
- More From ET