Last time on "Saturday Morning" we reviewed the busy 1974-75 schedule of CBS. In this installment we take a look at the lineups for ABC and NBC.
When looking at the respective schedules you can see a few patterns that were prevalent in Saturday morning programming of the 1970s. As mentioned last time, one of these themes was the increasing amount of live-action shows on the air. Six new live-action programs came out during this year, with three premiering on ABC and NBC combined. Another pattern was the use of prehistoric locations for shows. Each network had at least one show that took place during the time of the dinosaurs. The third pattern was the continuing decrease in quality of the Saturday morning animated fare. Nothing much could be done on that front since the networks were asking for more of this material faster than the studios could produce it and for less money than they needed.
Still and all, 1974 was a good time for Saturday morning programming as it produced a number of programs viewers remember even today. Two such programs are featured in this installment. Now, if the Way-Back Machine is ready, step on in and let's journey back 34 years in the past.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Gotham' Episode 7 Photos: Will Gordon Regret His Decision to Let Penguin Live?
- 'Bones' Episode 10.6 Photos: The Team Chases Goats for Evidence
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 6 Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals': The 16 Most Memorable Moments from 'Every Mother's Son'
- 'Castle': 23 Times Kids Stole the Show in 'Child's Play'
- More From BuddyTV
- The CW Grants Full-Season Orders to The Flash, Jane the Virgin
- The Bridge Cancelled at FX
- Parenthood Sneak Peek: Adam and Kristina Show Max What Love Is
- TVLine Items: Five-0's Latest Lost Reunion, Y&R Vet to B&B and More
- Person of Interest Video: Root Sheds Her Latest Persona... and Then Some
- More From TVLine
- Scott Foley: I Had to Google 'Eiffel Tower' After Reading the 'Scandal' Script
- Can You Guess This Emmy-Nominated Actress From Her Very First Acting Gig?
- Sarah Jessica Parker Busted For Shoe Shoot at Carrie Bradshaw's House
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard Reveal the Sex of Their Baby
- Singing Nun from Italy's 'The Voice' Takes on Madonna's 'Like a Virgin': Watch Now!
- More From ET