Chelsea Handler and her panel on 'Chelsea Lately' (weeknights, 11PM ET on E!) had some fun with the news. Handler's actually a big proponent of gays; she's got her staff homosexual extraordinaire Guy Branum, after all.
But she does have a point about Martin having to change the name of his hit song to "He Bangs."
Watch the video after the jump.
Late last week we reported that The Jackson family, sans Michael and Janet, were developing their own American Idol-style reality program titled Pop Dynasty. Now it turns out that another musical group is returning for an, um, American Idol-style reality program. Does anyone have an original thought in their minds out there?
The group is Menudo. You remember them, don't you? They were the 80's boy band that introduced the world to Ricky Martin. They were also famous for rotating their band members out when they got older or their voices changed. Kind of like a pop-rock Logan's Run. The old members of the band aren't reuniting. Instead, according to USA Today, seven boys are being picked from around the country to star in the new series The Road to Menudo. Hey, wasn't that the last Bing Crosby-Bob Hope road film?
Candidates are being judged by Johnny Wright, who managed the mega-boy bands New Kids on the Block, 'NSync and the Backstreet Boys, as well Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough. The show will begin airing next month on MTV Tr3s, MTV's bilingual Latin-American channel.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Can 'Dancing with the Stars' Repair Paula Deen's Reputation?
- 'RHONYC' Star Sonja Morgan Not Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- Will 'Bachelorette' Couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth Get Their Own Spinoff Series?
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- More From BuddyTV
- Blacklist Bosses Talk 'Different Feel' of Season 3 — Plus: Watch a New Trailer
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 6 Promo Features Pirates, Prisoners... and a Proposal?
- Arrow First Look: Diggle Suits Up!
- Marvel's Luke Cage Casts House of Cards Vet as Villain Cottonmouth
- TVLine Items: Narcos Renewed, Colbert to Go Long, Mighty Spinoff and More
- More From TVLine
- Jessica Alba Gets an Insanely Creepy Futuristic Facial – See the Pic!
- Behold! Susan Sarandon, Queen of Burning Man!
- Porn Star Who Claims She Had Violent Sex With Josh Duggar Offers Anna Duggar Advice
- 'No Doubt About It,' These New 'Empire' Season 2 Songs Are Fantastic!
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Have an Adorable PDA-Filled Date Night at the Dodgers Game
- More From ET