Chelsea Handler and her panel on 'Chelsea Lately' (weeknights, 11PM ET on E!) had some fun with the news. Handler's actually a big proponent of gays; she's got her staff homosexual extraordinaire Guy Branum, after all.
But she does have a point about Martin having to change the name of his hit song to "He Bangs."
Watch the video after the jump.
Late last week we reported that The Jackson family, sans Michael and Janet, were developing their own American Idol-style reality program titled Pop Dynasty. Now it turns out that another musical group is returning for an, um, American Idol-style reality program. Does anyone have an original thought in their minds out there?
The group is Menudo. You remember them, don't you? They were the 80's boy band that introduced the world to Ricky Martin. They were also famous for rotating their band members out when they got older or their voices changed. Kind of like a pop-rock Logan's Run. The old members of the band aren't reuniting. Instead, according to USA Today, seven boys are being picked from around the country to star in the new series The Road to Menudo. Hey, wasn't that the last Bing Crosby-Bob Hope road film?
Candidates are being judged by Johnny Wright, who managed the mega-boy bands New Kids on the Block, 'NSync and the Backstreet Boys, as well Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough. The show will begin airing next month on MTV Tr3s, MTV's bilingual Latin-American channel.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Khloe and French Montana Split, Kendall Bans Kim from Fashion Show and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Rewind Week Is Better the Second Time Around
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Recap: Amber and Rino Have Health Scares
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Real Power of Veto Used in the Final 5?
- 'Reign' Season 2 Premiere Photos: The Black Plague Ravages the Land
- More From BuddyTV