Perhaps that's jumping the gun, but it's still promising to hear that Jaclyn Smith will do a guest turn on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The actress, who'll never be more famous than she was as Kelly Garrett, one of the original 'Charlie's Angels,' gets to appear on the NBC show as a former police officer.
That's pretty ironic, too, because the whole twist about the 'Angels' is that they were frustrated as policewomen and Charlie plucked them out of going-nowhere careers fling papers and writing tickets to make them professional, private detectives in the thick of the action.
As Alicia Florrick, the wife of a Chicago prosecutor who was caught sucking the toes of prostitutes and forced to resign, Julianna Margulies masters the shell-shocked, distant gaze. Her eyes, in fact, fixate on a stray thread on his suit. But the fog lifts quickly and away from the podium, reality comes in the form of a smack in the face. She delivers the smack, and from that moment, you're on her side. Maybe it was a cheap trick, but it worked.
A lot of people thought that one or both of the NBC shows Law and Order and Law and Order: Criminal Intent would be on the cancellation list when NBC presents its upfront tomorrow, but the network has surprised many fans by renewing both shows.
There is a little twist when it comes to Law and Order: CI though. The show will actually first run the new episodes of the season on USA and then NBC will run repeats.
Law and Order is a straight renewal though. The show will head into its 18th season of shows "ripped from the headlines!" As far as Law and Order: SVU goes, most expect that to be renewed with no problem. We'll have full coverage of the network upfronts all this week, starting with NBC on Monday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- Pilot News: Lost Vet Terry O'Quinn to Lead ABC Legal Drama The Adversaries
- Cartoon Network's Adventure Time Being Developed into Feature Film
- Pilot Scoop: Scrubs' Sarah Chalke to Co-Star in Fox's 48 Hours 'Til Monday
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police — Read E! Network's Official Statement
- More From TVLine
- Found! Lupita Nyong'o's Stolen $150K Oscar Gown Returned to Scene of the Crime
- 'Looking' Cast Reveal Whether They Have More Sex Than Their Character
- Ronda Rousey On Her Big UFC Fight and Making 'Furious 7' With Paul Walker
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- NKOTB's Jonathan Knight on Being Outed and How 'The Amazing Race' Helped His Anxiety
- More From ET