Perhaps that's jumping the gun, but it's still promising to hear that Jaclyn Smith will do a guest turn on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The actress, who'll never be more famous than she was as Kelly Garrett, one of the original 'Charlie's Angels,' gets to appear on the NBC show as a former police officer.
That's pretty ironic, too, because the whole twist about the 'Angels' is that they were frustrated as policewomen and Charlie plucked them out of going-nowhere careers fling papers and writing tickets to make them professional, private detectives in the thick of the action.
As Alicia Florrick, the wife of a Chicago prosecutor who was caught sucking the toes of prostitutes and forced to resign, Julianna Margulies masters the shell-shocked, distant gaze. Her eyes, in fact, fixate on a stray thread on his suit. But the fog lifts quickly and away from the podium, reality comes in the form of a smack in the face. She delivers the smack, and from that moment, you're on her side. Maybe it was a cheap trick, but it worked.
A lot of people thought that one or both of the NBC shows Law and Order and Law and Order: Criminal Intent would be on the cancellation list when NBC presents its upfront tomorrow, but the network has surprised many fans by renewing both shows.
There is a little twist when it comes to Law and Order: CI though. The show will actually first run the new episodes of the season on USA and then NBC will run repeats.
Law and Order is a straight renewal though. The show will head into its 18th season of shows "ripped from the headlines!" As far as Law and Order: SVU goes, most expect that to be renewed with no problem. We'll have full coverage of the network upfronts all this week, starting with NBC on Monday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' live blog: The top 10 take the stage
- Mia Maestro joins 'The Strain': FX nabs 'Twilight' co-star for Guillermo del Toro pilot
- Ang Lee drops out of FX drama pilot 'Tyrant' due to demanding schedule
- '666 Park Avenue' returning to ABC this summer with 'Zero Hour'
- 'Mike & Molly' Season 3 finale pulled from CBS after Oklahoma tornadoes
- More From Zap2it
- FX's The Strain Targets Alias Alum Mía Maestro
- It's Official: 666 Park Avenue Returns in June
- CBS Pulls Mike & Molly Tornado-Themed Finale From Monday Line-Up
- Report: Michelle Stafford Exits Young & Restless
- TVLine Items: Has Jason Sudeikis Also Left SNL? Plus: X Factor Judges Update and More!
- More From TVLine