And that stands true tonight. We knew nearly everything that was going to happen, yet still I sat breathless, watching with my mouth hanging open, as the episode unfolded. Predictable? Yep. Boring? Never.
The Premise: Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under fame) plays Dexter Morgan, a forensic investigator and blood-spatter analyst for the Miami-Dade Police Department. But that's only his day job. Beneath his chipper attitude is a dark secret, one that harbors his disgust for those who do wrong. When he isn't investigating a murder for the boys in blue, Dexter takes matters into his own hands. An efficient killer, he hunts down and brutally murders the horrible people (child molesters, rapists, other serial killers) that actually deserve to die. When he isn't chopping up his latest victim, Dex deals with the rest of his mundane life: mentoring a sister who's also a cop, fending off sexual advances from his boss, and trying to figure out a girlfriend who he doesn't really want to sleep with.
Did you enjoy the American Idol auditions last night, from Austin, Texas? Here's some odd news for you:
That's right. Seacrest did his intros, etc from Austin, but actual audtions took place in San Francisco, because Hurricane Katrina/Rita evacuees were in Austin at the time. So they flew the contestants to San Francisco and had them audition for the judges there.
Now, this isn't a big deal, but why not say it during the telecast?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- More From TVLine
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Bathtub Incident Is ‘No Coincidence,' Source Says
- Jay Z Is Buying Aspiro for How Much?
- Report: Whitney Houston's Daughter Found Unresponsive In Bathtub
- See the Time That Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Met President Obama
- Your Exclusive Puppy Bowl XI Preview: Live Scoring, Katty Furry & More
- More From ET