And that stands true tonight. We knew nearly everything that was going to happen, yet still I sat breathless, watching with my mouth hanging open, as the episode unfolded. Predictable? Yep. Boring? Never.
The Premise: Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under fame) plays Dexter Morgan, a forensic investigator and blood-spatter analyst for the Miami-Dade Police Department. But that's only his day job. Beneath his chipper attitude is a dark secret, one that harbors his disgust for those who do wrong. When he isn't investigating a murder for the boys in blue, Dexter takes matters into his own hands. An efficient killer, he hunts down and brutally murders the horrible people (child molesters, rapists, other serial killers) that actually deserve to die. When he isn't chopping up his latest victim, Dex deals with the rest of his mundane life: mentoring a sister who's also a cop, fending off sexual advances from his boss, and trying to figure out a girlfriend who he doesn't really want to sleep with.
Did you enjoy the American Idol auditions last night, from Austin, Texas? Here's some odd news for you:
That's right. Seacrest did his intros, etc from Austin, but actual audtions took place in San Francisco, because Hurricane Katrina/Rita evacuees were in Austin at the time. So they flew the contestants to San Francisco and had them audition for the judges there.
Now, this isn't a big deal, but why not say it during the telecast?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Charles Torments the Liars
- 'Reign' Episode 2.22 Photos: Mary Risks Everything Even as Francis Feels Betrayed
- 'Arrow' Recap: Oliver and the Wedding
- 'Supernatural' Recap: Another Shocking Death for the Winchesters
- 'American Idol' Live Blog: The Top 4 Take Us Home
- More From BuddyTV
- American Idol Recap: Thank God Almighty, There's Three at Last!
- Survivor Twist: Viewer Votes Will Decide Next Season's Castaways
- The Mindy Project Cancelled at Fox, But There's a Hulu Twist
- Arrow Recap: Fool Me Once... — Plus: Who Died? And Who's at Death's Door?
- The Good Wife Finale: EPs Preview a 'Satisfying' Last Call for Kalinda, Tease Alicia's 'Next Chapter'
- More From TVLine
- Zac Efron Has His Own Butt Double – See the Pics!
- Tina Knowles Pens Emotional Letter to Beyonce, Solange & Kelly Rowland
- Rihanna Has Now Been Nearly Every 'Mario Party' Character -- See The Pics!
- Miley Cyrus Doesn't Like Labels: 'I Am Ready to Love Anyone'
- How This Year's Met Gala Came to Be
- More From ET