And that stands true tonight. We knew nearly everything that was going to happen, yet still I sat breathless, watching with my mouth hanging open, as the episode unfolded. Predictable? Yep. Boring? Never.
The Premise: Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under fame) plays Dexter Morgan, a forensic investigator and blood-spatter analyst for the Miami-Dade Police Department. But that's only his day job. Beneath his chipper attitude is a dark secret, one that harbors his disgust for those who do wrong. When he isn't investigating a murder for the boys in blue, Dexter takes matters into his own hands. An efficient killer, he hunts down and brutally murders the horrible people (child molesters, rapists, other serial killers) that actually deserve to die. When he isn't chopping up his latest victim, Dex deals with the rest of his mundane life: mentoring a sister who's also a cop, fending off sexual advances from his boss, and trying to figure out a girlfriend who he doesn't really want to sleep with.
Did you enjoy the American Idol auditions last night, from Austin, Texas? Here's some odd news for you:
That's right. Seacrest did his intros, etc from Austin, but actual audtions took place in San Francisco, because Hurricane Katrina/Rita evacuees were in Austin at the time. So they flew the contestants to San Francisco and had them audition for the judges there.
Now, this isn't a big deal, but why not say it during the telecast?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Season 10 Premiere Photos: Demon Dean Does Karaoke
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Brandi's Fight, Aviva's Lawsuit and Teresa's Homes
- 'The 100' Interview: Devon Bostick on Jasper's Transition Into a Stronger Person
- 'The Mysteries of Laura' Review: A Mom Cop Dramedy Trainwreck
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow Season 3 Poster Highlights the Fortified Team Arrow
- Bill Hader Returning to SNL as Host — Will Stefon Be Joining Him?
- Friends' Gunther Speaks Out 20 Years Later: 'Ross Doesn't Deserve Rachel'
- Ratings: Utopia Ticks Up, New Girl and Mindy Project Premieres Down
- New Girl Recruits a Person of Interest to Woo Jess in November
- More From TVLine
- Diane Keaton Has a Major Girl Crush on Amy Poehler
- Nasim Pedrad Does a Mean Aziz Ansari Impression
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- Lolo Jones Is Definitely Not Taking Her 'Dancing with the Stars' Elimination Lightly
- Neil Patrick Harris Invites You to 'Choose Your Own Autobiography'
- More From ET