And that stands true tonight. We knew nearly everything that was going to happen, yet still I sat breathless, watching with my mouth hanging open, as the episode unfolded. Predictable? Yep. Boring? Never.
The Premise: Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under fame) plays Dexter Morgan, a forensic investigator and blood-spatter analyst for the Miami-Dade Police Department. But that's only his day job. Beneath his chipper attitude is a dark secret, one that harbors his disgust for those who do wrong. When he isn't investigating a murder for the boys in blue, Dexter takes matters into his own hands. An efficient killer, he hunts down and brutally murders the horrible people (child molesters, rapists, other serial killers) that actually deserve to die. When he isn't chopping up his latest victim, Dex deals with the rest of his mundane life: mentoring a sister who's also a cop, fending off sexual advances from his boss, and trying to figure out a girlfriend who he doesn't really want to sleep with.
Did you enjoy the American Idol auditions last night, from Austin, Texas? Here's some odd news for you:
That's right. Seacrest did his intros, etc from Austin, but actual audtions took place in San Francisco, because Hurricane Katrina/Rita evacuees were in Austin at the time. So they flew the contestants to San Francisco and had them audition for the judges there.
Now, this isn't a big deal, but why not say it during the telecast?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, A Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- Exclusive Mentalist Sneak Peek: Pike Has Big News for Lisbon — and It's Not Good
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET