And that stands true tonight. We knew nearly everything that was going to happen, yet still I sat breathless, watching with my mouth hanging open, as the episode unfolded. Predictable? Yep. Boring? Never.
The Premise: Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under fame) plays Dexter Morgan, a forensic investigator and blood-spatter analyst for the Miami-Dade Police Department. But that's only his day job. Beneath his chipper attitude is a dark secret, one that harbors his disgust for those who do wrong. When he isn't investigating a murder for the boys in blue, Dexter takes matters into his own hands. An efficient killer, he hunts down and brutally murders the horrible people (child molesters, rapists, other serial killers) that actually deserve to die. When he isn't chopping up his latest victim, Dex deals with the rest of his mundane life: mentoring a sister who's also a cop, fending off sexual advances from his boss, and trying to figure out a girlfriend who he doesn't really want to sleep with.
Did you enjoy the American Idol auditions last night, from Austin, Texas? Here's some odd news for you:
That's right. Seacrest did his intros, etc from Austin, but actual audtions took place in San Francisco, because Hurricane Katrina/Rita evacuees were in Austin at the time. So they flew the contestants to San Francisco and had them audition for the judges there.
Now, this isn't a big deal, but why not say it during the telecast?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More
- Ratings: Survivor, Hell's Kitchen and Red Band Slip; Charlie Brown Surges
- TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Castle, HTGAWM, Doctor Who, Mindy, NCIS, Freak Show, Once and More!
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET