I've been waiting with eager anticipation for Walton Goggin's character, the reformed bigot Boyd Crowder, to saunter back into Raylan Givens' field of view since the very first episode.
Fortunately, there was also a lot more happening in Chuck's world as well, developments with Sarah, the Intersect, and his future roommate -- Sarah or Morgan. More on all that, after the jump.
(S05E04) Big things are on the horizon for our friends in Atlantis. Episode five brings with it a big picture episode that will take us back to a host of things that happened in season four. With a slot to fill before that, it was time for another stand alone episode. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some of my favorite Atlantis episodes have been of the stand alone variety. And luckily for us, this is another of the really good stand alone entries.
When it comes to science fiction conventions you can always tell the difference between those panelists who are newbies and those who are veterans. As soon as the panelists for Stargate Atlantis took their seats you could tell that they were all seasoned veterans of the convention universe. They were relaxed, had fun with each other, and had fun with the audience. Combine those elements together and it makes for an entertaining hour and gives you a sense that they are talking to you...despite the 4000 other people in the hall.
There weren't many new bits of information that came from this panel that hadn't already been mentioned during the Robert Picardo phone conference a few weeks ago. Yet, there were still some interesting pieces of information about the stars, the writers, and some behind the scenes items. You can read some of these after the jump.
- Stargate: Atlantis (Joe Flanigan, Robert Picardo, Brad Wright, Jewel Staite, Chris Sanagustin)
- Sanctuary (Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Robin Dunne)
- Battlestar Galactica (Tricia Helfer, James Callis, Katee Sackhoff, Michael Trucco, Ron Moore, David Eick)
- Eureka (Colin Ferguson, Sallie Richardson-Whitfield , Joe Morton, Jamie Paglia, Charlie Craig, Tony Optican)
- Ghost Hunters (Robb Demarest)
Use the comment form below to submit your questions and we'll give the best ones to the moderator to ask. We'll post the answers to those questions and others as soon as we can get to a WiFi hotspot and post away. You've got until this Thursday morning to send in your questions, so ask away!
After a fairly brief hiatus (only 4 months) Stargate Atlantis returns to the SciFi channel with all new episodes starting on July 11th. Now entering its fifth season, the show is reaching a turning point thanks to a number of off-season cast changes. First and foremost in is the replacement of Amanda Tapping's Colonel Samantha Carter as administrator of Atlantis with Robert Picardo's Richard Woolsey. This is one year after Tapping replaced Tori Higginson on the show. It's an interesting turn of events since Woolsey has not been the most popular of characters in the entire Stargate franchise. And, as the character has never been a people person, there is bound to be some conflict between members of the Atlantis team and himself.
For those of you who were gnashing their teeth over Samantha Carter's (lack of) administrative abilities on this season's Stargate Atlantis you can relax your jaws. Well, only for a moment, because you may not like who will be replacing her in the show's fifth season.
According to a press statement released today by MGM and the SciFi Channel, the newest administrator of Atlantis will be: I.O.A representative Richard Woolsey, played by science fiction veteran Robert Picardo. Ah, I see you're gnashing your teeth again. No surprise there, since the members of the Atlantis team aren't too fond of him, either. In fact, the SciFi release mentions that Colonel Sheppard and his team must adjust to Woolsey's leadership style. Look for some friction between the two sides as the season progresses.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Adds Private Practice Star in Top-Secret Season 4 Role
- Arrow Recruits Spartacus Star as Captain Boomerang in Season 3
- Report: DC Comics' Lucifer Pilot In the Works at Fox
- Nashville First Look: Laura Benanti's Sadie Cozies Up to [Spoiler]
- Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan's Crazy-Cool New Crib
- More From TVLine
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- Jennifer Lawrence Explains What Makes a Woman Powerful in New Dior Campaign
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- 'Dating Naked' Couple Preps for Wedding with Naked Yoga
- Barbra Streisand Talks New Album and Possible 'Gypsy' Movie
- More From ET