(S09E15) Last night on Dancing with the Stars many of the dancers grew stronger than ever. With Mark & Anna T. on the bottom, it guaranteed that they were either going home or dancing for their lives. Instead of having one performer singing two different songs, we have three performances thanks to DWTS pimping the Ballas Hough Band.
Encore Performance - Team Tango - The second time around, the performance still had the sizzle and the strongest timing. Kelly had this dazed look this time, possibly because she was nervous for the dance-off. Joanna still was the strongest of the night, possibly because Derek's choreography that he gave her was the strongest.
With Rachel Griffiths appearing this week, it appears that ABC's ban on their actors appearing on Leno's show may have finally been lifted. Unfortunately, she couldn't bring along a clip of Brothers & Sisters, so I guess they're still feeling a little sour. Or NBC doesn't want to promote a competing network's show too much.
At long last, the season 8 finale of American Idol has arrived! It's been fun watching all of the Idols grow in their musical prowess (that's a Paula word), especially Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, the final two performers who couldn't be more different, but are both awesome in their own way.
Ryan started things off by introducing the judges, along with a funny video clip for each of them -- Randy Jackson saying "For Me" throughout the season; Kara DioGuardi saying "sweetie" and "honey" to people who didn't make it past the audition process; Paula's round-up of colorful adjectives (vocal prowess, masterful and effortless, palette, etc.); and Simon's issues with hearing what people say (as in, he could probably use a hearing aid!).
But there's the kicker. With the exception of Sixwire and some of the members of Denver and the Mile High Orchestra, the artists chosen are way before the times of the bands at hand. I know I'm old school, but haven't there been any great songs or artists in more recent times for them to cover? This happens with American Idol, too. Since the voting and music buying audience is probably younger, I just can't understand it.
Things take a turn for the better as Rod Stewart performs Hot Legs while Edyta and Kym dance. This was really good. Rod's still got it. A bit of a departure from what we are used to seeing Edyta and Kym doing, but still fun. They both looked great and did a nice job.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 1: James' HoH Photos
- 'Mistresses' Recap: April and Karen Head Into Uncharted Territory
- 'Aquarius' Recap: Brian Finds Something Scarier Than War
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: The First Eviction and Kathy Griffin's Takeover
- 'Wayward Pines' Recap: A Deadly Plot Is Discovered
- More From BuddyTV
- Rookie Blue Recap: Father Doesn't Know Best — But Does Sam?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Unsafe Sex
- Mistresses Recap: Extreme Makeover — Home(wrecker) Edition
- Tut's Avan Jogia Talks Twisted Cliffhanger, Shares Pitch for Season 2
- Empire Signs Marisa Tomei to Play Lesbian Billionaire in Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- Diddy Avoids Felony Charges for Alleged UCLA Fight
- Meghan Trainor Reveals Vocal Cord Injury, Postpones Shows
- Scott Disick Gets Touchy-Feely With a Woman Who Isn't Kourtney Kardashian
- 'Back to the Future' Turns 30: Why Michael J. Fox Almost Didn't Get the Role
- More From ET