July 31, 2015
by Annette Bourdeau, posted Jun 22nd 2011 1:00PM
The 'Rookie Blue' set is buzzing as the cast and crew work away on Season 2. The biggest change here since Season 1 is the addition of a toilet in one of the cells –- part of the painstaking efforts to make the show as realistic as possible.
The breakout hit from last summer is filmed on location across Toronto, but its base is here, inside a non-descript warehouse just outside the downtown core. Right now the cast is gathered in the briefing room as the crew films a meeting scene from every possible angle. While the rookies may not be brand spanking new, they still have a lot to learn. Season 2 has lots of curveballs in store, including the addition of Lauren Holly ('Dumb & Dumber') in a recurring role.
We caught up with stars Missy Peregrym, who plays Andy, and Gregory Smith, who plays Dov, between takes to get the rundown on what to expect from their sophomore season. (Hint: there's gonna be a love triangle!) They also dish on second-season jitters, newly found admirers and feedback from real-life cops.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Woody Allen Talks Candidly About 'Paternal' Relationship With Wife Soon-Yi Previn
- Mariah Carey Poses as Marie Antoinette, Katy Perry Channels Elizabeth Taylor – See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Tries Her Best 'Feminine Voice' for Kim Kardashian in a Funny, Emotional 'I Am Cait' Moment
- Chaz Bono 'Frustrated' by Some of Caitlyn Jenner's Critics
- Tom Cruise Is Already Working on 'Mission: Impossible 6'!
- More From ET