The film is a true anthology, featuring five different stars and directors for each vignette. Directing were Jennifer Aniston, Patty Jenkins, Alicia Keys, Demi Moore and Penelope Spheeris, while their stories starred Jeanne Tripplehorn at the heart of all the stories as an oncologist whose mother died from breast cancer.
She thought it was a big deal to plank on the back of an elephant, but we found her demonstration on the 'Chelsea' set far more impressive. It's one thing to lay flat on your face on a flat surface with full support beneath your body, as she did on the elephant and on Kimmel's desk.
It's quite another to plank while being supported only by the arms of a chair, as she did for Chelsea Handler. That looks like it takes concentration and quite a bit of muscle strength to keep your body straight like that.
Then, while Kimmel was trying to explain what planking was, Dawson quietly mounted his desk and simply showed everybody. "I guess the idea is you behave like a plank of wood, right?" he asked.
Later in the proceedings, Eva Mendes said she and Paul Rudd intended to do a funny bit that involved groping, but the show was running behind schedule. Rudd fondled Mendes' breast anyway. And as Mendes announced the Best Screenplay winner, Rosario Dawson grabbed Rudd's crotch. What a, uh, touching moment. Also in the clip, watch Natalie Portman's acceptance speech for her Best Female Lead win.
"We were friends for a year, and then he busted out with the crepes and ... now we've been together for two years," Dawson said. "He got me with the crepes!"
Watch the video after the jump.
(S34E13) I don't have much of an opinion on Rosario Dawson. I've seen a few of her movies, like Clerks 2 and Death Proof, but instead of blowing my mind with every film, she's left me in a state of indifference. I'm sure there are plenty of gentlemen here who strongly differ. Sorry, boys.
That said, Dawson did a pretty good job hosting this episode. The writing wasn't particularly exciting, but Dawson's delivery was smooth and very professional. Just like Neil Patrick Harris from the previous week, her enthusiasm was very evident and greatly appreciated. Here are some video highlights from the night.
I was thinking about that after reading this story about the best and worst celebrity signers. It's ranked by Autograph magazine, and they say that the best celebrity autographer is Jay Leno.
The show is being produced by NBC Universal Digital Studios, which, among other things, means a much larger budget. Something evident in the cast which includes the star of the show, Rosario Dawson. That's a pretty big name for what is ultimately another experiment in the medium. She's joined by Justin Hartley, Danny Woodburn, John Kapelos, Kevin Alejandro, Fransois Chau, and Elizabeth Bogush, among others. It's not exactly Ocean's 11, but those are all pretty recognizable actors.
Advertising is everywhere on TV and online, and not merely in the form of traditional commercials. Most of us are used to viewing ads before watching online videos, and product placement can even be humorous if done properly (30 Rock does it particularly well). Can the partnership between advertising and entertainment go too far, though?
NBC Universal is joining forces with an advertising agency on a new venture: product-centered programming. The network's Digital Studio will work with the Omnicom Group to create several series that focus on the products of participating sponsors. These programs will air on NBC's "digital properties" (websites, for example.).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Rankings: Who Was the Baddest Character in Season 4?
- 'American Idol': Ranking the Winners' Coronation Songs
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Doctor Who' finale Season 7 episode 13 review: 'Name of the Doctor' is a smashing finish
- 'Saturday Night Live' season finale: Ben Affleck and Kanye West win an otherwise forgettable 'SNL'
- 'Saturday Night Live': Amy Poehler is the best at everything, even 'Weekend Update'
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013: Ann and Nancy Wilson bring the Heart
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison to make her Grand Ole Opry debut on June 4
- More From Zap2it
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 124 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Finale Ratings: Versus 2012, Shark Tank Surges, Nikita Is Steady and Undercover Boss Drops
- What to Watch this Weekend: The Simpsons and 4 Other Finales, a Mad Man's Surprise and More
- More From TVLine