Katie Couric Will Co-Host 'Regis & Kelly,' 'How I Met Your Mother' Welcomes Back Bevy of Guests & More Casting News
The new ABC star will help Ripa interview Dylan McDermott and Anna Torv in addition to sharing her mom's pear and jello recipe during the 'Live' "Co-Host Cook-Off Week" segment.
Other upcoming 'Live' co-hosts include:
• Carson Kressley (Oct. 7)
• Michael Strahan (Oct. 12)
• Jerry O'Connell (Oct.13)
• Mark Feuerstein (Oct. 14)
• Josh Groban (Oct. 21)
• Nick Lachey (Oct. 31)
Yep, Regis won't be there for the show's famous Halloween spectacular.
In other casting news ...
What he may not have expected was for Perez to open up and talk about a truly bizarre sexual harassment experience she had back when she was in college.
This was after she'd moved from New York to California. We learn this because, according to Perez, "in New York the sexual harrassment is nice."
According to the N.Y. Daily News, Perez was filming a guest role on the hit New York City–based crime drama in September 2009 when a scene called for an extra to forcibly shake her. The violent action caused Perez to suffer a herniated disc which took two surgeries to correct.
"The thing to do was taking someone who knows what he's doing to make it look violent without being violent," said Perez's lawyer Brian O'Dwyer, who filed a lawsuit Wednesday in the Brooklyn Supreme Court. "This person was not a stuntman, he was just an extra."
Perez continued to work on the episode, titled 'Hardwired,' which O'Dwyer said likely caused her injuries to worsen.
She stars in the Lifetime original movie 'Lines in Plain Sight,' and stopped by 'Today' (Weekdays, 7AM on NBC) to talk about the experience.
In the interview, Perez looked and sounded great, but she says she still has ten months to go in her recovery before she might be back to optimum health. Nevertheless, she fought with her doctor to take on this role. Ultimately, he relented, but not without strict guidelines.
Now comes news via E! Online that things will be getting more complicated for the Lipstick Jungle with the addition of two more name stars; Latino talents Carlos Ponce and Rosie Perez are both booked for guest roles.
Tomorrow night at 9 p.m. EST Jimmy Smits will narrate a documentary on the relationship between the United States and Puerto Rico titled Yo Soy Boricua, Pa'que Tu Lo Sepas! (I'm Boricua, Just So You Know!). The documentary, which will air on IFC, is the directorial debut of Rosie Perez, and will delve deep into the history of the country, including its often rocky history with the United States. Subjects it will focus on include the Spanish conquest, forced sterilization in the 30s, and the Nationalist movement that took place in the 1950s. Perez is also hoping to use the documentary as a way to look into her own family history and where she came from.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Farrah Abraham's new show a 'reality docu-soap' with Spinboi Films
- The 'Arrow' cast says goodbye to Tommy Merlyn: Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, and more weigh in on Colin Donnell
- Will @RobbieAmell & @amellywood get competitive on The CW? Watch the vid!
- 'Arrow' star Stephen Amell talks finale death: 'I had panic attacks and nightmares about that scene'
- 'Luther' Season 3, David Tennant's 'Broadchurch' lead BBC America summer schedule
- More From Zap2it
- Rookie Blue's Missy Peregrym on Andy and Nick's 'Connection,' Working With Sam's New Squeeze
- Video: Arrested Development Cast on the Brazen, 'Banged-Up' and Possibly Blue-d Bluths
- Fall TV Scoop: CBS Orders Bad Teacher to Series
- Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- More From TVLine