August 5, 2015
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 29th 2010 5:02PM
On Sunday night, I watched 'Keep Your Head Up Kid: The Don Cherry Story' on CBC because, as my beloved said, "We kind of have to, don't we?" I think he was thinking of my job as a Canadian TV columnist, our status as hockey fans or maybe he only meant there wasn't much else on.
But watch it we did (the first half anyway - the rest airs Monday March 29, 8 pm, CBC) and frankly, I thought it was pretty good, and I'm a little surprised about it.
CBC miniseries are not usually my cup of tea. The subjects are usually dead white guys who made Important Contributions to Our Country, which I always feel I'm supposed to know about already.
Don Cherry even agrees with me. "I feel like I should be dead," he said at a press conference for the series. "Don't they usually do these kinds of movies about dead people?"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Will We Find Out Who Dances at Nationals?
- 'Stitchers' Season 1 Finale Recap: Cameron Risks His Life for Kirsten
- 'Scream' Recap: Did Audrey Kill Nina?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Piers Morgan Returns as the Judge Cuts Come to a Close
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Times Lydia Martin Proved She Is Better Than You
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Bosses Reveal Beckett's Big Move: 'We Wanted to Shake Things Up'
- First Impression: Fear the Walking Dead
- Playing House: Maggie Gets a 'Real, Live Human Family' in Season 2
- Stitchers Finale: Emma Ishta Talks [Spoiler]'s Uncertain Fate in Season 2
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Shonda Rhimes on 'Rebirth' for Meredith, 'Exciting New Romances' for Callie and Arizona
- More From TVLine
- Melissa Peterman Says Pal Reba McEntire Is 'Doing Great' After Split
- Chrissy Teigen Defends Topless Instagram Photos: 'If the Boys Can Do It, Why Can't I?'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Boss Explains Why Derek Shepherd Had to Die: 'What Were the Options?'
- Steven Tyler's Epic Response to Lenny Kravitz's NSFW Wardrobe Malfunction
- Kevin Bacon Reveals the Secret to a Lasting Hollywood Marriage: 'Don't Listen to Celebrities'
- More From ET