If you are interested in seeing Clint Eastwood before his sneering, raspy voice, Bridges of Madison County days, then today (July 4th) is your lucky day. The Hallmark Channel, which seems to show an inordinate amount of Western movies and television shows, is currently running a marathon of Rawhide until 8 p.m. this evening.
For those of you not familiar with the series, Rawhide starred Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates, one of a group of Texans led by Gil Flavor (Eric Fleming) who where taking 3000 herd of cattle north to market in Kansas. During their journey they encounter a number of characters, such as a bank robber who portrays himself as an East Coast lawyer, and they run into plenty of trouble, like a mob of angry townsfolk who learn that Rowdy and a number of cows have come down with anthrax. What the hell was Rowdy doing with the cows anyway? I mean, I know it's lonely in the West, but come on!
Episode summaries and some more information on the series, which ran from 1959 to 1965 on CBS, can be found at The Hallmark Channel website.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Community Season Finale Sneak Peek: Are Jeff and Britta Finally Saying 'I Do'?
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- TVLine Items: Roswell Reunion, BMS' Kickstarter Campaign, a Kitchen Exclusive and More
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rises, NCIS, Originals, Supernatural Hit Lows, FX's Fargo Opens Quietly
- FX Renews The Americans For Season 3
- More From TVLine
- Valerie Harper Denies Report that She's 'Absolutely Cancer-Free'
- Chloe Grace Moretz Faces Life-or-Death Decision in 'If I Stay' (VIDEO)
- Jenny McCarthy Drops Surprise Engagement News on 'The View'
- Robin Roberts: Doctor Told Me I Had Two Years to Live
- Is 'Here' Pharrell's New 'Happy'? (LISTEN)
- More From ET