March 10, 2014
by Kona Gallagher, posted Dec 31st 2009 2:02PM
More of our best of the decade coverage, which started on Tuesday. You can read the other posts at the link above. Here, we talk about a major category that came of age in the aughts: Reality shows.
While I would never call myself a reality TV junkie, it really bugs me when people make blanket statements like, "I hate reality TV," or, "Reality TV is the bane of my existence." The genre has grown so much in the past decade that it has become just like scripted television, in that there's good and there's bad. Even though we're splitting this up into two lists, "Reality," and "Trashy Reality," you won't see a single show that starts with, "Who Wants to Marry" on either list.
This list is dedicated not to the guilty pleasures, but to the shows that you wouldn't be embarrassed for your neighbors to know you watch: the classy reality, if you will. So without further ado, here is TV Squad's list of the best reality shows of the decade.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Contestants from 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 12
- 'Castle' 6.19 Photos: Captain Gates Gets a Visit from Her Estranged Sister
- 'Grimm' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Moments of Desperation or Hope
- 'Once Upon a Time': 16 Moments of Good, Evil and Shock in 'New York City Serenade'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Believe': J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron create families under fantastical circumstances
- 'Dallas': AnnaLynne McCord honors 'the good ol' South'
- 'Cosmos': Watch President Barack Obama's video introduction
- 'True Detective' Season 2 will be about 'hard women' and will 'keep being strange'
- 'Raising Hope' canceled, series finale set for April
- More From Zap2it
- Orphan Black Season 2 Trailer: New Enemies Attack Sarah & Co. — Plus: A [Spoiler] Clone?!
- Cable Ratings: True Detective Finale Draws Record Crowd; Plus Lindsay's Premiere Numbers
- Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram's Death
- Pilot News: Psych's James Roday Joins CBS Relationship Comedy Good Session
- Raising Hope Cancelled, to End Its Run in April
- More From TVLine