The Grammy nominee is no stranger to the 'SNL' stage, having performed as the musical guest when Amy Poehler hosted last September.
Still, this will be Perry's first time as the star of the show, following in the footsteps of husband Russell Brand, who had a successful turn as host in February.
Though best known for her musical skills and penchant for winning MTV VMAs (three in 2011, including Video of the Year), Perry is beginning to branch out into acting. She lent her voice to 'The Smurfs' this summer, playing the iconic role of Smurfette, and appeared on CBS' 'How I Met Your Mother' earlier this year, as one of Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) ditzy dates.
He talked about his nude protest against capitalism that didn't work as well as he might have hoped. Brand wound up getting arrested for indecent exposure, which he also took issue with.
"It was actually just a very classical nude form on what I'd like to say was a very cold day," he said.
Final tally for Brand's protest? "Capitalism succeeded, my naked body failed."
According to TVLine, the 'Freaks and Geeks' veteran will play his 'Bones' character, Sweets, when the show debuts midseason.
"Who is more qualified to examine [Geoff Stults'] brain damaged paranoid finder than Sweets?" Stephen Nathan, 'Bones' executive producer, told TVLine.
Daley is expected to be one of many 'Bones' actors to guest star on the new series. David Boreanaz has signed on to direct an episode of the new show.
In other casting news ...
I keep expecting this whole 'Eddie Murphy hosts the Oscars' thing to be a faulty meme, but now that the news is confirmed, I guess I'll have to come to grips with it. Okay -- done. After all, Murphy is one of the highest-grossing movie stars of all time, can be very very funny, and has proven he can still be funny without using swears ('Shrek'). He has been nominated for "The Statue." (And who can hold it against him if he left the theater shortly after he lost it to Alan Arkin?)
Truth is, the most shocking thing about this whole whirlwind of a story is that Brett Ratner is co-producing the Oscars. Has the Academy looked at his resume lately? What am I saying? These are the same people who thought James Franco and Anne Hathaway were the answer to their problems.
This method allowed Brand to answer a flurry of questions that way. Favorite smell? His wife. Who makes him laugh? His wife and Zach Galifianakis. How does he fit into his tight pants? Butter. Teenage dreams? "They were disgusting and they involved neighbors and they were tricky and they should never be repeated." Craziest thing he's ever done? "I woke up once in a room full of refugees," said Brand. "I don't know how I got there."
If Brand can handle his interviews this way exclusively, he should be done with his 'Arthur' media tour by Monday afternoon.
To complete the bizarre visual, Brand was given a mask as well. While the interview set off along fairly normal topics, talking about the possibility of children in Brand's future, it was only moments before Brand realized something.
"Hey, I can say whatever I like while I'm wearing this because people can't see my lips move," he realized suddenly. From there it was a string of profanities that we're pretty certain was even worse than the closed-captioning that started scrolling at the bottom of the screen.
"I'm just going to watch first and see if I like it," said Brand. "I'll stand round here, near where your bottoms will be."
"When Gaga entered the studio I was in my one-piece spanx and my fishnet pantyhose," she said in the clip Jimmy Fallon showed.
Lady Gaga complimented King, saying she has a "smoking body." But when King asked Brand how he thought people might respond to her doing that bit, he echoed Gaga's sentiment. "I think they'll tell you you look bloody gorgeous," he said.
Brand co-stars with Garner in the upcoming remake of 'Arthur' and evidently enjoyed his kissing scenes with the actress. But he lays it on thick when asked to describe Perry's kisser.
But there's no time for debate, as Washington (Brand) is so startled by modern America, he punches and karate-chops everyone in sight. Finally Nancy Pelosi (Kristen Wiig) stabs him in the back, and he dies a dramatic (though eloquent) death.
She has killed George Washington, changing America's destiny forever! Cut to a view of the Capitol, with the British flag on full display. Oops.
One is a fluke. Two is a coincidence. But three solid episodes of 'Saturday Night Live' in a row is straight-up legendary. Jesse Eisenberg and Dana Carvey did their jobs, and it was up to Russell Brand to bring his European game to the states and light it up.
I had all the confidence in the world that he would, if nothing else, mix things up. He has somewhat of a bad boy lothario reputation, which isn't easy for British dudes to pull off with the accent and the tea and the blacksmiths.
Sometimes it takes a host like Brand to remind us all that we're watching live television. He brings with him a "what's he going to try to get away with" aesthetic that can either work hilariously or feel unbearably forced. I could only hope it was the former.
When cast member Jason Sudekis reminds Brand that SNL takes place in New York, not London, the funnyman drops his accent. Or does he put on a different one? The world may never know.
In the second batch of promos, cast member Andy Samberg tries his hand at the Queen's English. (Apparently, he's actually from Worstershire ... like the sauce.)
The musical guest tomorrow night is Chris Brown.
After the jump, watch more jokes about accents than we ever expected for one week of SNL.
'Dancing With the Stars' Season 12 to Premiere on March 21, Russell Brand to Host 'Saturday Night Live' and More TV news
According to Deadline Hollywood, the cast of 'DWTS' season 12 will be revealed Feb. 28 during 'The Bachelor.'
Professional dancer and three-time 'Dancing With the Stars' champ Derek Hough will not return to the ABC series for season 12. Hough is filming a dance movie -- in 3D! -- and will return for season 13.
In other TV news ...
• Russell Brand will host 'Saturday Night Live' on Feb. 12. Chris Brown will be the musical guest. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Kathy Griffin will guest star on CBS's 'The Defenders.' Griffin will play a Las Vegas comic who is sued for insulting audience members that have been picked by her producers. Griffin will play a character named Sally, just like she did on 'Seinfeld.' The episode is titled 'Nevada vs. Greene,' but we can still hope for it to be her 'Seinfeld' character Sally Weaver. [TVLine]
• Proactiv is the latest advertiser to leave MTV's 'Skins.' The acne medication maker is the ninth major sponsor to flee the controversial series. "We have officially requested that MTV revise our traffic schedule so that Proactiv spots cease airing during Skins," Kendra Elliott, vice president of media at Guthy-Renker, Proactiv's parent company, said. [Hollywood Reporter]
Not Russell Brand. He demanded that Geoff keep quiet, poured water all over the robot and said, "This is between us humans from England and Scotland."
But after the commercial break, Geoff made another saucy comment. Brand then pretended to, uh... violate the robot, and the top half of Geoff's skull flew off. That'll teach him.
According to the wrangler, if he were to drop the lizard, it would break into five pieces just to try to get away from a potential attacker. "A little bit of me would like to see that," said Brand.
In retrospect, the wrangler probably used the wrong approach to get Ray to touch the lizard. He should have given her 30 minutes or less to cook it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 7 Reasons 'Downton Abbey' Fans Should Be Watching 'Call the Midwife'
- 'Bones' Poll: Should Brennan Go to Jail for Committing a Felony?
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'Put a Ring On It'
- 'Backstrom' Recap: Has Backstrom Sunk to a New Low?
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Tom Keen Is in a World of Trouble
- More From BuddyTV
- TV's Best & Worst Weddings: Parks Perfection, Buffy Nightmare, Twisty Thrones, a Castle Miss and More
- Arrow Season 2.5 First Look: Oliver and Felicity Exchange Presents
- Hart of Dixie Sneak Peek: The O.C.'s Autumn Reeser Is the New 'Zoe'
- Scandal Recap: The Marrying Man — Plus, 'Sweet Baby' Returns
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- More From TVLine
- 'Outlander' Stars Share Their Best Tips on Getting Through Withdrawal!
- Britney Spears Is Taking Pre-Algebra Classes to Help Her Sons with Their Homework
- Get to Know Left Shark & All of Katy Perry's Hunky Backup Dancers
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Does the Best Treadmill Dance We've Ever Seen!
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence: I Feel Like I Let One Direction Fans Down
- More From ET