(S02E09) "She's the female equivalent of roulette and you like the view." - Foster
There's always a potential for screw-ups when networks start airing episodes out of the producers intended order (see NBC and their goofs with Detective Crosetti's death in season three of Homicide), but Lie to Me seems to have avoided that sort of miscalculation despite FOX's shuffling of the season order. That is, until "Fold Equity" aired last night. Originally set to air during Fox's Simpsons week (catch the Sideshow Bob reference?), "Fold Equity" didn't drop the ball on anything as major as a character's death, but more than once during the hour it felt as though we were taking some giant steps backward.
(S02E09) I was really looking forward to this episode because it introduced Paget Brewster's new character Agent Emily Prentiss. But she was barely in it! We got an introduction and she showed up at the end of the episode, but she had no involvement with the case at all. I guess we'll have to wait until next week to see what she's made of. She's got skills, that much we know. At the end of the episode, she impressed Hotch by profiling a case that had just been delivered to him. She knows what she's talking about. Here's the only thing I don't get. She claims her two parents (they're both US diplomats) didn't pull any strings to get her on the BAU team. But if that is indeed the case, then how come neither Hotch nor Gideon were notified of her appointment to the team? It doesn't make sense unless she got the job through unconventional means right? Regardless, she does belong and I'm looking forward to see if I like her better than Elle.
(S02E09) Another instant classic. This is the only show on right now that I frequently pause while watching. Why? Because I'm laughing so hard. Tonight's episode focused on Charlie vs. Mac and Dennis. Charlie wanted a smoking ban in the bar and Dennis thought it was un-American. Charlie didn't buy it though. So he recruited Dee, put on a jean jacket, and decided to be a patriot who "goes America all over everybody's ass."
(S02E09) I often find that this show has a lot in common with Curb Your Enthusiasm. Mainly, that it frequently makes me feel uncomfortable during certain scenes. You know something is good when it literally puts you off just by watching it. In particular, one of the final scenes between Huff and Beth was done quite well. So well that I almost stopped watching because I felt so bad. But we'll come back to that.
Elsewhere in the Huffstodt home, Ben is back! He even went out of his way to get Izzy her license back... by threatening a judge. He laughed when he told her how he got it, but I actually believe him. I wouldn't put anything past Ben Huffstodt, especially now that we found out why Ben is back in town: he's in debt to the Malaysian mob. Good times.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- 'The 100' at Comic-Con 2014: More Grounders, Linctavia and Fearing The Reapers
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 5 Battle of the Block?
- 'SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' at Comic-Con: New Season 2 Characters and More
- 'Resurrection' at Comic-Con 2014: Meet Jacob's Grandmother, Bellamy Answers and a Time Jump
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals @ Comic-Con: Season 2 Trailer and Cast Promise 'Twisted Fairytale,' Vengeful Klaus and Hayley
- Castle's Nathan Fillion Asks: 'How Much Longer Can We Make People Wait for a Wedding?'
- Marvel TV @ Comic-Con: S.H.I.E.L.D. Adds Mockingbird and Hydra Baddie, Agent Carter Flirts With a Stark
- Community Season 6: Dan Harmon Teases More Paintball, Orgy Episode and... the Return of Donald Glover?
- Outlander: Watch the New Trailer
- More From TVLine
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Playing A Villian on 'Gotham'
- 'Expendables 3' Star Wesley Snipes on His Return to Hollywood
- Top 5 Extras Who Completely Failed Their Scenes
- Nicolas Cage's Scrapped Superman Movie Should Have Totally Happened
- Susan Sarandon on Using Mushrooms, Acid and Her Love Affair with Bowie!
- More From ET