(S03E01) "Do you think this could have been done to you on purpose?" - Det. Vic Huntley
Patty Hewes for the people? No way. In tonight's season three premiere of Damages, Patty (Glenn Close) may have been appointed by the government to recover billions of stolen assets from scheming financier Louis Tobin (Len Cariou), but let's be honest here -- this is Patty Hewes.
When her name is on the line, you better believe that's all that matters. She's set on finding all that money, but it's to make her look good and has nothing to do with the welfare of Tobin's thousands of victims. With a stellar record as of late (Frobisher and UNR), losing this battle would be a huge blow to Patty's public image. So, knowing all that, what do you think about Det. Huntley's question now? Could someone have tried to kill Patty on purpose?
(S03E01) I wasn't all that excited about this episode. Last season ended on an uneventful note so there wasn't much to really look forward to. I mean, I love this show, don't get me wrong. If you ask me, it shouldn't be on Friday nights because it could easily hold it's own in another time slot. So yeah, I wasn't too excited. Well that changed, because five minutes into the episode what did we get? That's right, the triumphant return of Lou Diamond Phillips.
(S03E01) One of the things you need to realize about this show is that you're bound to get confused. Especially after you've gone a year without seeing an episode and hearing that trademark "F this and F that and F you" dialogue. It takes a good ten minutes for your ears and mind to adjust. Part of is also the multitude of characters. But you have to respect a show that's so ambitious in that respect and Deadwood does it well.
I will say though, it was a great feeling to see Swearengen walk out onto his deck and slug down some coffee from that dirty tin mug. I missed this guy... which is odd, because I don't think I'd want him as a friend.
(S03E01) Wow, I missed this show. This was far and away the best twenty-five minutes I spent this week. Why you ask?
Lloyd (upon realizing that James Woods hasn't been to Ari's new office): Oh, you haven't been up here yet?
James Woods: No, he's been hiding this place like Anne Frank.
Lines like that are why.
(S03E01) Wow. That was one hell of a return. Rescue Me is one of those rare shows that smacks you from every angle and it does it well. Tonight's season three premiere didn't hold anything back. I'm still not sure how to react to the way it ended. Although, I had a pretty good hunch as to what it would be, but I'll get to that. We pick up months after the death of Connor Gavin and Tommy's world is still upside down. But that shouldn't come as a surprise, because when has Tommy's world ever been right side up?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Latin Night Performance Rankings
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'Habeas Corpse'
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills': Kim Richards Lashes Out During Reunion Show
- More From BuddyTV
- American Idol: Advice, Caveats and Dream Set Lists for the Season 14 Top 9
- Comedy Central Backs Daily Show Successor Trevor Noah in Twitter Flap
- TVLine Items: Marvel's Luke Cage Gets Boss, Devious New Night and More
- CBS, General Hospital Lead Daytime Emmy Nominations
- The Americans Renewed for Season 4
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Zayn Malik's So-Called Solo Track Is Actually an Old One Direction Demo
- Go Take a Hike! What You Can Learn From a 'Wild'-Inspired Journey
- Justin Bieber: ‘I Lost Hope For A While, I Was In A Dark Place'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- 2015 Daytime Emmy Awards Nominations: 'General Hospital', 'The Talk' & ET Score Nods!
- More From ET