(S03E05) "If we're going to get around these guys, we gotta get to know them." - Michael
Well, I suppose we were due to get an episode like this one. Slow, annoying, and for the most part, filler. Just a way to hash out a story that isn't fully conceived and doesn't depend on guaranteed accuracies. If we've learned one thing from Prison Break, it's that its not meant to be taken seriously. However, and this is just my opinion, that sub-conscious effort to disregard how foolish this show gets sometimes actually makes the bad stuff stick out even more for me.
(S03E05) "You're making my chair look like it was dipped in gold." - Frank
For a place that just got taken hostage and destroyed not a week ago by a clan of incestuous bathrobe enthusiasts, Paddy's Bar looked pretty good. Of course, for fans of It's Always Sunny... we all know that means nothing. The idea of a time-line, save for a few ongoing stories, doesn't really exist on this show. You can easily watch the episodes in any order you like and not find yourself even remotely confused.
It does make you wonder though. The bar was trashed. Broken bottles. Sledgehammers taken to the walls. How would they have paid for the renovations? When do you ever see more than one or two people drinking at that bar? Doesn't matter. When you consider the simple brilliance of this show, intelligent questions are a waste of breath.
(S03E05) I'm starting to get the feeling that writing for this show must be a real pain in the you know what. On the surface, a cop show. Bad guy commits crime, good guys get him. But with Numb3rs, all the writers and producers have to factor in all the mathematical equations and algorithms that Charlie, Amita, and Larry are going to use. The writers must have to spend countless hours consulting with mathematicians to determine what algebraic techniques will actually make the most sense in a given case, and then on top of all that, they have to write a story that actually incorporates them logically. It sounds tough, doesn't it?
(S03E05) I had always wondered what a line of Aston Martins in various colors would look like. Now I know since Vince bought three of them for the guys. It's true what they say though. Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy trios of really fancy European-made cars.
(S03E05) This sums just about everything up:
Johnny: "What are we waiting for?"
Swearengen: "To see what kind of hell breaks loose."
And break loose it did. From drug addiction to street fights, plenty of things came out into the open this week on Deadwood.
(S03E05) It's not that I didn't like this episode, but it just wasn't that eventful. I mean stuff happened, but it was a lot more set-up than anything else. And let's clear one thing up. There was no chlamydia. After last week's previews, I got the impression that we were going to have one big STD break-out. But after Mrs. Turbudy's arrest, the entire chlamydia thing ended up being some P.T.A. rumor that Sheila picked up from some of the other moms. Tommy thought he may have had it but it turned out he was just too scared to use the bathroom for fear of a burning sensation. So he held it.
Franco had a pretty big development, but that was about it. I was just disappointed that this was the episode we got before going on a two-week hiatus because of next Tuesday's holiday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Season Finale Recap: Lila's Killer is Revealed
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: The Hunter Becomes the Hunted
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.15 Photos: Will David Take Down the White House and OPA?
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Herman's Head
- American Idol Recap: Chick Magnetism
- Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira
- Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others
- More From TVLine
- Harrison Ford Returning For 'Blade Runner' Sequel
- Scarlett Johansson Says Awkward Travolta Oscar Kiss Was 'Totally Welcome'
- 7 Reasons We're Excited 'House of Cards' Is Back for Seasons 3!
- The White & Gold or Blue & Black Dress: The 5 Stages of Dealing With the Debate
- 'How to Get Away With Murder' Finale: The Killer Revealed and 4 More Shocking Moments
- More From ET