(S05E20) "Call Turks and Caicos - tell people to start stabbing their eyes out." - Needles
This whole season of Rescue Me has been sort of a question mark for me. That's no secret - it's been excellent, but trying to determine what direction it's headed in has been a little tough. Obviously, the past four or five eps have really focused on Tommy's Sheila vs. Janet dilemma and I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that the final two episodes are gonna stick with that trend. How do I know? Well... I don't. Last night's episode was the last one FX sent out for early preview, so I'm basing what's after the jump on my own speculation and one potential HUGE spoiler. So there. You've been warned.
(S05E20) "I had sex with a doll once." - Sean
That was a funny line, huh? Especially since Kimber, the model for "the doll," was right in the next room. That was it in for funnies though in this week's episode of Nip/Tuck. Instead, it was one of the saddest, most depressing, and thought provoking hours the show has had in a long time. It was excellent.
Between Sean's new found free spirit and Christian's two life changing events, there's been a lot set up not just for the final two episodes of this season, but for the final sixth season (or sixth and seventh if those 19 eps get split up) as well.
On top of that, the episode featured one of the more interesting cases Drs. McNamara and Troy have had in some time. The show returned to its roots (no pun intended), and took on the case of Budi Sabri, a man afflicted with the same warts as the Tree Man from Indonesia. Very much a "ripped from the headlines" surgery. Or "ripped from the ground." Pun intended that time.
(S05E20) This was kind of an interesting episode if you think about it. It was a good concept. Essentially, they took something that was glitzy and over-the-top to begin with and layered it with a storyline about Hollywood, drugs, rehab, and murder. Doesn't get much better than that. Throw in some nods to actual celebrities (similar to Dirt) and we got one of the better CSI: Miami episodes this season.
However, since I love this show, I still have to gripe because there were plenty of things that could have been a little better.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- James Marsters Joins Jenji Kohan's HBO Drama Pilot The Devil You Know
- Killing Jesus Video: Kelsey Grammer's King Herod Meets His Maker
- New Girl Sneak Peek: Jess Makes Sweet Music With NFL Star JJ Watt
- John Noble Recalls His Time on Fringe, 24, Sleepy Hollow and More
- Heroes Reborn: Masi Oka to Return as Hiro! Plus, Premiere Date Scoop
- More From TVLine
- Drea de Matteo Loses Home in East Village Explosion
- How Real Is 'Get Hard?' Prison Coach Reveals How Actual White-Collar Criminals Prep for Jail
- Viola Davis on 'Suicide Squad' Role: 'I'm a Little Scared'
- Jennifer Lopez Caught Kissing Her Ex Casper Smart — Are They Back Together?
- Vanessa Hudgens, Beyonce & More with Must-Have Accessory Trends
- More From ET