(S05E20) "Call Turks and Caicos - tell people to start stabbing their eyes out." - Needles
This whole season of Rescue Me has been sort of a question mark for me. That's no secret - it's been excellent, but trying to determine what direction it's headed in has been a little tough. Obviously, the past four or five eps have really focused on Tommy's Sheila vs. Janet dilemma and I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that the final two episodes are gonna stick with that trend. How do I know? Well... I don't. Last night's episode was the last one FX sent out for early preview, so I'm basing what's after the jump on my own speculation and one potential HUGE spoiler. So there. You've been warned.
(S05E20) "I had sex with a doll once." - Sean
That was a funny line, huh? Especially since Kimber, the model for "the doll," was right in the next room. That was it in for funnies though in this week's episode of Nip/Tuck. Instead, it was one of the saddest, most depressing, and thought provoking hours the show has had in a long time. It was excellent.
Between Sean's new found free spirit and Christian's two life changing events, there's been a lot set up not just for the final two episodes of this season, but for the final sixth season (or sixth and seventh if those 19 eps get split up) as well.
On top of that, the episode featured one of the more interesting cases Drs. McNamara and Troy have had in some time. The show returned to its roots (no pun intended), and took on the case of Budi Sabri, a man afflicted with the same warts as the Tree Man from Indonesia. Very much a "ripped from the headlines" surgery. Or "ripped from the ground." Pun intended that time.
(S05E20) This was kind of an interesting episode if you think about it. It was a good concept. Essentially, they took something that was glitzy and over-the-top to begin with and layered it with a storyline about Hollywood, drugs, rehab, and murder. Doesn't get much better than that. Throw in some nods to actual celebrities (similar to Dirt) and we got one of the better CSI: Miami episodes this season.
However, since I love this show, I still have to gripe because there were plenty of things that could have been a little better.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4: First Look at 'Frozen's' Elsa and Kristoff
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Unconventional Movie Nite'
- 'Manhattan' Set Photos: Take a Tour of the Past
- 'Under the Dome' Interviews: Cast Teases Possible Escape from the Dome and More!
- 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' Photos: The Cast Cuts Loose at San Diego Comic Con 2014
- More From BuddyTV
- Scoop: CSI: Cyber Adds Peter MacNicol as a Series Regular
- Grimm Cast Names Nick and Juliette's Baby, Teases [Spoiler]'s Fate and More
- Parenthood Scoop: Breaking Bad's Betsy Brandt Returning as Hank's Ex
- Witches of East End Cast Talks Monster Sex, Frillian's 'Hot' Future and a Possible Ingrid/Dash Connection
- TVLine Items: Gotham Casts Mobster Maroni, Mindy Taps Sunny Star & More
- More From TVLine
- Orlando Bloom Ecstatically Dances to Pharrell's 'Happy' Post-Justin Bieber Fight
- Justin Bieber Looks So Unbearably Sad on a Yacht in Ibiza
- ‘Bachelor in Paradise' Is As Full of Twists, Drama, & Hook Ups As We Thought!
- 10 Celebs Who Were Too Old to Play High School Students
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Pretty Little Liars': Watch the First Scene of Next Week's 'Crazy' Episode!
- More From ET