Did you hear that? That was the collective sound of TV fans across the country all brain-farting in unison. 'Lost' is back for its final season and I've gotta be honest -- I'm not really sure what to think about 'LA X.' In four or five months time, once the series has concluded, I'm positive I'll think differently about it. However, right now, 'LA X' was easily one of the most confusing hours of 'Lost' yet, and despite ABC's promos promising that "questions would be answered," all it gave us was a jumbo-jet (literally) chock full of new ones. Whatever ... I still loved every second of it.
(S06E02) "Watching them bleed makes me feel less... alone." - Vivian
Despite being depressing as hell, "Enigma" was still a refreshing episode when compared to last week's light-hearted pseudo-documentary take on Sean and Christian's financial troubles. Nip/Tuck doesn't always focus solely on one of the main characters, but when the show does take that angle, it's often quite good. This episode could have just as easily been called "Sean McNamara II." (The first Sean-centric ep was back in season two.)
Over the span of its first five seasons, Nip/Tuck has had some spectacular highs and some even greater lows. Regardless of how you feel about them (personally, I liked season three and The Carver), as viewers we've all watched Dr. Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh) and Dr. Christian Troy (Julian McMahon) slowly lose the battle to the one thing they're paid to combat - aging.
Entering its penultimate season, Nip/Tuck could use a little nipping and tucking of its own after the mediocre fifth season that saw a lengthy hiatus at the hands of the writers strike. Fortunately, it seems that things might be getting back to "normal" for McNamara/Troy. And by normal, I mean no more serial killers, organ thieves, or weirdo lip-synching musical montages. Beyond that, it's freak show as usual.
(S06E03) "House was an egotistical, pill popping, lawsuit magnet... and a genius." - Foreman
Change doesn't come easily for House. Fresh out of his stint at Mayfield Psychiatric Hospital and you'd think he'd be craving his old routine. Instead he quits his job. As we learned, though, it was more about coping and less about change. Ironically though, House, the one character who had the biggest change and now has the most to cope with, seems to be doing the best out of them all.
(S06E02) "Who would've thought I'd be the only one guaranteed to have sex tonight?!?" - Turtle
I know I've said it before, but one of the things that I've always loved about Entourage is how the writers behind the show seem to have this uncanny knack for re-creating exact conversations that I've had with my friends before. I know I'm not the only one out there who's had a laugh with their buddies trying to figure out how exactly did Seth Rogan get laid in Knocked Up? When Turtle made his final point ("His ugliness is oddly fascinating."), it was like deja-vu for me.
Then they went and killed the moment when Vince got that nudie pic of Sloan's friend. That never happens to me or my friends.
Like many shows before it, Entourage has officially reached a point where the title of the program doesn't exactly make total sense anymore. Think season two of Prison Break after they had, you know... broken out of prison. In this case, we've spent five seasons watching boys become men, and much like the tagline for Entourage's sixth season plainly spells out, "life changes, friends don't." What exactly happens when Vince no longer has an entourage?
The show gets a helluva lot more interesting is what happens.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- More From BuddyTV
- Heroes Reborn Star Zachary Levi Tweets First Cast Photo
- Bloodline Renewed for Season 2
- Mysteries of Laura: Police Academy's Steve Guttenberg to the Rescue?
- Charlotte Ross On Her Warm Arrow Welcome ('I've Never Seen Anything Like It'), Helping Felicity Choose
- House of Lies Renewed for Season 5
- More From TVLine
- Alyssa Milano Says She Loves Her Stretch Marks
- Gigi Hadid on Life After the Runway: 'It's Not Just OK Anymore to Model Until You're 25'
- 'Dovekeepers' Stars Cote de Pablo & Diego Boneta Talk Steamy 'Sensual' Scenes
- Viola Davis On Surviving a Hungry, Impoverished Childhood: 'It's My Way of Healing'
- Did Kylie Jenner Steal Beyonce's Denim Look?
- More From ET